Thread: Bucko's guide to imageshack and how to post pictures.

Austral Alien

Default Bucko's guide to imageshack and how to post pictures.

Here is my new and improved guide on how to use Imageshack to host pictures. This should help anyone who isn't sure on how to get pictures in their posts and maybe help some that do too!
    I find this website the easiest because I can shoot pictures with my camera, save them to the HDD and then upload them here without needing to muck around resizing them before I host them. Imageshack turns my huge pictures into a nice forum size picture in one easy step.

First off, go to: www.imageshack.us
    The first page will have this (except you probably won't see the TCBS logo there):

Nothing to daunting. What you need to do next is one of two things, either hit the
    button, or where it has
    you select the url.

First I'll cover the
    button.

It will open up a window like this:

From there you just select the picture that is saved on your hard disk from the correct folder where you have it stored. You can see I have selected the first picture in this tutorial. Either double click, or click to select and then click the open button.

You can then decide if the image needs resizing or not. At TBCS it has to be under 700 pixels wide, so if the picture you are about to host is bigger than that, check the resize image box, then select the size from the drop down menu. I've selected 640x480, which is a good size for forums.
    Though sometimes for detail, you need a bigger picture, if so, just host it as is and I'll cover the clickable thumbnails further down.

I'll quickly cover the url option here.
    The url option allows you to paste in a web link for a picture from any website and rehost it on imageshack. This saves stealing other peoples bandwidth and will also ensure the picture stays as you intended (Another forum I was on had people putting up pics as a hotlink from another site, the site owner saw where the bandwidth was going and changed the pictures on his site so that a family friendly picture suddenly became a rather nasty picture). To find the URL of a picture you see online, right click and then select properties in the menu. Once the box is open, copy and paste the URL you'll see into imageshack. From there you can even choose to resize the picture like above.

Once you have selected the picture and the resize option (if needed), click the
    button and this screen will appear once the image has uploaded. Time to upload will depend on your internet connection speed.

I added in the arrows to point out which bits you may need, depending on what you need, or are comfortable using.
    The green arrow has the code for a clickable thumbnail and points to how it will look on the forum. Quite handy for putting up a larger picture when you may need the extra detail when showing a mod, or asking for help. It makes life easier for dial up users (yes, they still exist) and doesn't make the forum require side to side scrolling. Just copy and paste that entire code into your post and you are done!

The blue arrow points to the code to show the full size pic in your post. Again, just copy and paste into your post and you are done:

The red arrow points to the direct link to the pic with no [IMG] tags. if you copy and paste this, you need to either add your own [IMG] tags, or click the
    button at the top of the reply box. It opens up this:

You just paste into the box and click ok and it will insert the image into your post.
    It's really up to you. I just copy the whole code from next to the blue arrow myself, as it's the simplest way.

Once whatever code you choose to use is in your post, just hit the submit replay and you are done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Default Re: Bucko's guide to imageshack and how to post pictures.

haha, wonderful. Finally another person who uses imageshack .

+rep for the kick ass guide aswell

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Last edited by DaveW; 11-21-2020 at 08:01 PM.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Haha nice, the background I made! Glad to see it's getting put to good use. Great guide too! +rep
    RIP Bucko