Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Really Old TV???

Default Re: Really Old TV???

Thats awesome. Is the res good on the screen?

I dont think so, but it is the only thing I got

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Im looking forward to see how this comes out. Of coarse when you finish youll have to play some old classic movies on it, like casablanca or something. Idk, im not really in to the classic movie scene. Great work.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

CRAP. The backlight is burnt out Now I'm tring to get extra funds so I may buy a new screen.

Anodized

watch Pi on it...

its recent enough but old school b/w

ATX Mental Case

I got my LCD screen at parts express here is the link.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...Number=205-048

Hope this helps
    Charles

If your looking for something cheap and effective, look into a Play station Portable screen. I'm modding one currently, theyre not the greatest quality, but for 40$, its a fine deal

Fresh Paint

This is looking really nice!!! Can`t wait to see it finished.

Have searched the web over the last few days, looking for mods like this. Have a couple of old radios that I have been thinking of modding... And this i giving me so much inspiration

Fresh Paint

I would be tempted to create a music/media box out of this. Get a really nice speaker set and use the display for the visualizations. But that's just me. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Sorry It's been soooo long, I help to raise about $82,000 for Children's Miracle Network at my school. Lots of work (average of 2 hours of sleep the week of the pageant). I had to put the project on hold to help them out. Now it is all done and over and I am ready to start again after heading up to Portland to grab some parts.
    First of all, the stain that a friend gave me was crap and didn't dry right on the top. I just about got it all sanded off and tomorrow I'm gonna grab some more and re-stain it. I figured out how I'm going to mount the mainboard. I got some roller mounts on like dresser drawers and I want to get a plate of aluminum or steel to mount to the brackets. From there, I can mount the motherboard and I will always have real easy access to it. I will put up new pics once I'm done staining it (or sooner).

P.S I got some money so I can stick in a decent touch screen. Any ideas??? (Under $200, preferable under $150).