Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Asus

The SlackMeister

i think it looks like ****. the door that slides on top is a cool idea but thats it

Fresh Paint

it looks like an alienware wannabe sort of. IMO

Fresh Paint

Wow that is insane case the slickest i`ve seen but for 150 bucks that`s tooo much

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Asus

What a manly looking case.

Poop!
    "...angel headed hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of the night..." Allen Ginsberg 1926-1997

ATX Mental Case

Apparently it is a Love/Hate case. As for me, I love it. But I love it so much that I wouldn't want to mod it, so that goes against the whole point of buying a case. I really can't see much modding potential for this case but if I just felt like a change without having to mod the case then Iwould go with this one. But not at that price!
    There is no other choice.

Expensive Poop.
    "...angel headed hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of the night..." Allen Ginsberg 1926-1997

Anodized

As ugly as the exterior looks, that can be modded.
    I personally don't like the door but the vents could be modded for something usefull. If they are actually functional vents then its a sure bet that the airflow will be restricted at the inside end.

Yeah, look at the specs for it,
    80mm fan in front, 120mm in back
    Side vent (on the door)

BUT they never mention the vents

what do you want to bet that the "vents" go nowhere and are just plastic to make it look "cool"

-Grendel
    Laziness leads to innovation.

Fresh Paint

No it's true, that case is horrid on cooling. The front intake fan doesn't blow anywhere towards the back of the case, instead it blows from the left to the right hitting only the hard drives and nothing else. A single 80mm for the front is pretty weak anyways. To mod something bigger in the font and facing the proper direction would pretty much compromise the front ports. Every review I've seen thus far of it has commented on breaking the front door within minutes. Steel frame with plastic snap on parts isn't worth the cost when you could get something aluminum for the same price. It is sexy though.

edit: In responce to Grendel, the front fan they speak of is in the left vent directly facing the right vent.
    redhalo.us

Hey guys, I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone could answer my question about this case. Please put aside any prejudice or opinions (good or bad) about this case cuz I'm getting it because I like it. If you don't, that's cool, but please don't flame me for it.
    Anyways, it has one AGP 8x slot and 6 pci slots. I'm getting a non-AGP motherboard and video card because pci express is faster. So will my motherboard and video card fit correctly in this case? can I just use a regular pci slot for my pci express video card and leave the agp slot alone?
    thanks