Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Console Controllers

Guardian

Default Re: Console Controllers

I personally fell in-love with the ORIGINAL xbox controller. I think the design is perfect, and it fits my rather large hands perfectly. The 360 controller is okay, but the shape isn't as big and as hand-humping as the original controller.

Ps2 controller is just too damn small. The shoulder buttons are okay, exept there too close to each other, like there are 2 shoulder bottons on each side, those 2 have to be spaced apart more, it bothers me too much, one of the reasons I hate ps2.

Gamecube controller is okay, Its not perfect, its not gay, its just okay. No complaints, no braggs.

Wii-mote....lol.... I think its "genius" only for certain games. There are games I wouldn't play with it. If you're gonna play Halo 2 with it, im sure you wouldn't be bragging. However I think its great if you're playing like tenis or pong or somthing.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    I think the N64 controller was awesome. It is true that you could only use two of the three handles at once, but it was the first controller to really try to be ergonomic. It also worked really well.
    I agree totally! It certainly gave you and the developers options on how YOU wanted to play the game. Those controllers are way up there on my favs list!

BTW, i didn't people were still posting here...
    Im Back Baby!
    Yeah, I just quoted Bender Bending Rodriguez, got a problem?

Overclocked

the wii is too hard to press 1 and 2 as its so far down..

Anodized

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    I agree. The Wii controller is great, but i wouldn't play certain games on it, for example racing games or first person shooters. Zelda was great, and RPG's etc. could really use the Wii's controller to a great advantage. I think the Wii will become a playground for developing ideas, and most of the current genres will not find the Wii a happy home. I think the current console war is now between Microsoft and Sony-the Wii doesn't really compare anymore, in the same way you can't really compare the the PC with consoles.

-Dave
    actually racing games on the Wii are a treat. steering the controller is much more sensitive and intuitive than on a d pad or analog stick. pick up excite truck and give it a whirl. its AWESOME

I played a friends Wii last night! I played a bit of Wii Sports and a bit of Rayman! It's so tiring after one boxing match phew!
    Im Back Baby!
    Yeah, I just quoted Bender Bending Rodriguez, got a problem?

I think the N64 controller was awesome. It is true that you could only use two of the three handles at once, but it was the first controller to really try to be ergonomic. It also worked really well.

The gamecube controller was very comfortable too, IMO. I agree that it was not as good as the N64 though.
    I personally thought the gamecube controller was far superior to the N64 controller; the only way i could mark it down, is if it was compared to what was standard at the time, and the possible improvements that could have been made.

The N64 controller was bulky, and when you tried to get a new user to use it, they would have a very difficult time getting used to holding the middle with their left hand. The thumb stick was too long, and very fragile.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!