Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oblivion

ATX Mental Case

Default Oblivion

I just got an Idea for one of the mods. The insiration came from TES IV: OBLIVION. Now, Since it is very hard to find everything you need for this kind of mod in Serbia, I must ask you to give me an advice. I suppose some of you guys played this wicked game. And that you will share my enthusiasm.

I must mention, that this mod is going to be used ONLY for shows. It aint gonna be some hard rockin machine on the inside. So, this is how I imagined it.

I'll buy some used case, some wreck, no matter, so I don't spend much money on it. The bigger, the better. Then, I'll do some painting, with, let's say, some fancy color on the inside (lava like). Front of the case should be changed, and I would put some brown plexi with oblivion etching instead. (If you think I should change something, pls tell me).

Both left and right side panels will be removed, and different designed plexi will be put instead.

On the left side plexi, I magined to etch a huge Oblivion gate, with OBLIVION etched below.

Right side plexi I suppose will have Mehrune Dagon (prince of oblivion) etching on the left, and a few dremoras on the right.
    This is Mehrune Dagon:

And dremoras should look like this:

I saw a great OBLIVION grill few days ago, and I think i should put it on that case. I just don't know where i can find it, but here, you can see the grill below:

And now, THE GREATEST thing on this case will be: OBLIVION GATE on the top of the case.

I was thinking about this gate, and how should it be set, I fugured it out, but there is just one problem. WHAT DO I MAKE IT FROM???

So I took an Idea from DOOM 3 case (Thank you Crimson Sky). Now, I saw these:

I would make the gate from custom made rocks, like those from the lower pic, and the gate standing would be somewhat similar with the upper pic. The whole top side of the case was imagined to be covered with grass, except some 1 or 2 cm around the gate, which will be covered with rocks.

I wanted to put a piece of etched plexi in the gate (between the walls), and light it somehow to produce that Flaming effect.

This is how a gate should look like:

So, can someone pls tell me what to use to make those rocks and ground I need, and where can I look for it (what kind of store).

That would be it for now. Thank you

A proud member of the 1st Serbian Modding organisation :: CASE - freaks ::

Visit our modest web page: CASE - freaks

Default Re: Oblivion

"I got a few various sized rubber rock molds for Martian terrain. These are used to create boulders and rocks for model train landscapes, but in this case will be for Martian terrain

I mixed up some bondo and spread it on the mold with a stick like you would frosting. about 90 seconds later I pulled them from the mold:
    "

Reading+Google is a good thing
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Nice idea I always wanted to see a oblivion mod do you plan to included those massive spikes with red on the end of them you see everywere in oblivion I think they look awsome.

CAN YOU WIN PLAYER OF THE WEEK!!!
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tbcs

as for the oblivion grill, it looks custom made, but i think you will be able to find a similar one online
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

ATX Mental Case

this one was found online.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    "I got a few various sized rubber rock molds for Martian terrain. These are used to create boulders and rocks for model train landscapes, but in this case will be for Martian terrain

I mixed up some bondo and spread it on the mold with a stick like you would frosting. about 90 seconds later I pulled them from the mold:
    "

Reading+Google is a good thing
    Thnx Crimson Sky, I think I'll find the way to get everything I need.

Can you tell me, what can I use for GRASS on the top of that case?

Austral Alien

For grass, you could try some stuff that model railroad makers use. I'm not sure if there is a hobby shop near you, but I'm sure you could find it online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

You could grow grass like a chia-pet.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    You could grow grass like a chia-pet.
    That's a pretty sweet idea.
    RIP Bucko

Case Wizard

Put a Sigil Stone somewhere inside your case.

Maybe design the case to look like Daedroth armor?