Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Cherry wood Case with water cooling

Default Re: Cherry wood Case with water cooling

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    I agree, that black sets off the color of the wood nicely.
    I agree with you. I really getting excited here and soon more is going to fall in place.
    The last time I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was another train headed towards me.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

It's an excellent contrast. I say go for it.

+Rep!
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumper View Post
    It's an excellent contrast. I say go for it.

+Rep!
    Then thats what we will do thank you for your feedback.
    The last time I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was another train headed towards me.

In a mock up of the finished product I wanted to see how everything was working out. I was very pleased to see this layout was working very well. Yes it is large but it is supposed to look like a cabinet in my new office. It will blend in perfectly after I build the raised panel door.

this looks soooooooooo cool, banana time

Quote Originally Posted by FrooP View Post
    this looks soooooooooo cool, banana time
    Thanks today I should be cutting in the top fan (120mm) and the opening in the bottom to the pump housing. Then if time permits I want to do the mitre joint to glue it up.

The top fan is a 1225 from Thermaltake. Larger then the 120 for max air flow.

This is what I need to accomplish this time.

Then the next step will involve 3 different hole sizes at one location. The first step will be to drill a 1/16" pilot hole to maintain the center of the hole.

Then to drill the top of the case to inlay the fill port for the water cooling.

Turning the fill port upside down and placing it in the hole tells me if there needs to be any adjustment.

All is good here so now to flip the board over and work from the bottom side of the case top.

Drilling a test hole in a piece of scrap will let me know if it is large enough for the nut to the fill port.

Just right. Now to drill the actual board deep enough to get threads from the fill port. Then its time to drill the 3rd hole that allows the fill port to penetrate the top board.

My daughter was excited that I took a picture of her hand to be on the Internet.

An here is the final picture of the fill port (a DangerDen product) inlaid on the top board to fill the water cooling.

Here is the mounting holes for the fan and just laid on the board for fitting. You can see the fill port hole on the bottom and a little more detail as to the shoulder cut that would allow the unit to be attached to the case.

The bottom of the case was opened to match the pump housing. This for connecting the computer to the water pump rig with the hoses and electrical connections and most important, air flow. (that cut was done free hand and no fences to keep the blade straight)

I took a break and went to the pool with my kids. They were hot and so was I. After I got back I had the router all set up for the final mitre interlocking cuts and whipped them out.

Now things are really beginning to come together.