Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: Cherry wood Case with water cooling

Default Re: Cherry wood Case with water cooling

Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumper View Post
    How's that old saying go? The family that mods together stays together or something along those lines?

+rep when I can, I've got to spread the love, so to speak.
    Love it thank you....
    The last time I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was another train headed towards me.

LOL Crimson Sky big smiles.............
    The last time I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was another train headed towards me.

My son came back from camp today to tell me he wants to start making more projects. When he showed me his latest work I had to agree. He loves computers and now wood working. Hes 9 years old.

Then he asked if he could put an decorative edge on his unit using dad's router table. I couldn't say no.

THIS made your 9 years old son? *jealous*

Quote Originally Posted by FrooP View Post
    THIS made your 9 years old son? *jealous*
    Yep he wants to see what he can do. He asked if we could sand the edges round and route the top to give it a specal finish for Mom.

I had planned to do trim this weekend, but things changed. My wife's birthday is next Tuesday so I have finish shopping for her present. I think maybe tonight I will do the raised panel door frame. Since the frame is 2 1/2" deep with a 3/4" panel on the front I will route both sides and bottoms with the interlocking bit prior to cutting them to width. That way I have a 6 or 7 inch board to work with which is easier then the 2 1/2" board. Then I will cut them to the correct width. The boards will already be cut to length so this will make the entire process easy.

Here what I got done tonight. First I cut the boards the proper size.

For those who have been asking for a action shot here it is. The blade is still spinning. LOL (humor)

I set the door up just for checking the work

Then I used the clamp to hold it together to see what it looked like against the case.

Great fit.

Now from the front to see that nothing will be hit with the door.

Here is a better pic still with the clamp on it so don't write me and tell me its up to high now! LOL

We are moving forward with the door. With the frame cut out and routed, the next step is to drill the hinges for the door. Barrel hinges are great but require strict accuracy. 1/32" off here multiplies X2 over there.

Now to put the rest of the door together and see what it looks like with the case.

And with it closed...

Success. Now I can move to the next step of the door. Glue up then create the raised panel. Feeling great about this project.

Damn dude, that is looking good! You still going to go with all black hardware?
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    Damn dude, that is looking good! You still going to go with all black hardware?
    Thank you very much. To answer your question right now, Yes. There may be some other things in the fold here. Someone sent me a PM with a great suggestion. A custom wood bezel for the drives. I will look at that closely and see what these old hands can do.