Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Cherry wood Case with water cooling

Default Re: Cherry wood Case with water cooling

it sounds like a great idea good luck

Quote Originally Posted by SSGM4DCOW View Post
    it sounds like a great idea good luck
    Thank you. Its beginning to come along. My biggest problem is that I am remodeling my basement at the same time and they both fight for my time. Stay tuned, after the boards are jointed then I will begin the real fun. My father in law is going to lend me his DeWalt scroll saw. (I have an old Craftsman) I drool over it evertime Im at his house. He tells me some day it will be mine but I'd rather have him around.
    The last time I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was another train headed towards me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichbin View Post
    DAMN!!! That makes me cringe just thinking about it!!

Very detailed designs, very cool.

What kind of finish are you going to put on it? Im a fan of the darker stains on cherry wood.

Very cool though.
    Yes it will be a dark finish. I haven't gotten that far. I picked up the hinges for the door Saturday and got some new toys for my wood shop. I also picked up a new camera to use for pics. It should arrive by Wednesday if all goes right.

Im using a hidden hinge (barrel hinge that will give me a full 180 degree swing. Easy to install and very attractive.
    The last time I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was another train headed towards me.

Nice move with the barrel hinge. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ichbin View Post
    Nice move with the barrel hinge. +rep
    Thanks Love that sig! Hammertime.....................

I finally got my stock down to 3/4". I've been working on the basement that I don't have a bunch of time to devote to this project right now.

Also picked up some more of the hardware I need for this project.

The TDX is for the CPU. I had the other water block for another project but I may have a use for it here. The switches, barrel hinges, fillport, magnetic latch, and leds are for this project.

Overclocked

now is that a nice ice cube relay i see there? whats that hunny for?

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    now is that a nice ice cube relay i see there? whats that hunny for?
    That will be part of the remote turn on circuit. When the power is applied to the computer 12 vdc will be sent to the relay to close the contacts and create the signal power on to the second power supply located in the pump housing. Then the second set of contacts will provide the signal return called power good so that the PS will latch and stay on. I am thinking about putting a switch in parallel with the contacts to turn on the pump housing without the main system on. (For maintenance or additional cooling after an overclocking session)

I had thoughts of something like this.

Where I can run the water system during start up to fill it and not damage the computer turning it off and on. Then I can also switch it on for extended cooling after shut down.

Its been a while and my wife's closet is finished so I got to work on my project. I finally got all the boards jointed and ready for the router.

I used my router to then cut a locking glue joint for strength.

Then it was time for glue up.

These boards will have to cure overnight before I can proceed to the next step. Once the glue cures it can be scraped off very easy. I plan to run it through the planer one more time after drying. Stay tuned.