Thread: Cherry wood Case with water cooling

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

Default Re: Cherry wood Case with water cooling

/\ yeah agreed that is so true, good luck with the job hunt
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Fresh Paint

Gorgeous woodwork. Very professional looking.
    It could be worse, you could work at Starbucks...

Like me...

I really have restarted finishing the system. I took time to seal the wood and tung oil the water pump housing. Then I took a old PS and cut the connector to the motherboard off. I needed to create the on/off circuitry and latch circuit that will turn on and off with the main system. The first picture to share is the after the sanding sealer on the wood.
    The wood has a beautiful natural hue to it. No stain here just natural wood.

The front has a really fantastic grain.

Next I took time to add the PS for fitting only. I wanted to make sure of the wiring for the pump, fans and turn on circuitry.

The layout is exactly what I wanted here. I then disassembled the PS and spray painted it black. In more pictures I will show the PS disassembled and the paint job for the unit.
    The last time I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was another train headed towards me.

The power supply came was super easy to disassemble as you can see in the picture. That made my job so very easy. Once I took it apart, the painting was easy. Remember that this is just an old 300 watt PS that will supply power to the water cooling. This allows me to do maintenance on the water cooling section without having to power up the computer. A bypass switch will allow me to energize the water pump to test the system and perform maintenance on the system.
    Well the only thing to do now is watch the paint dry. Hummmmm

As for my job, no such luck yet. I sometimes wonder why a company would give up experience of 20 years. I know that its easier for to cut the higher paid employees and put someone that makes a whole lot less in their place but the experience is lost. It takes a long time to make up all that lost education. I continue to look for employment.
    The last time I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was another train headed towards me.

This is the case while I watch to see how it dries. Humm think this may take about 5 hours to the touch with 24 hours final.

I just finished a mock up of the water pump system. Checking for leaks and making sure to get the air bubbles out of the lines. Everything worked perfectly without leaks (kinda the most important)

Here you see the water block for the CPU just hanging outside the case.

Here is a view into the water pump housing. Things are moving forward and since the long time away from the project. The relay is used to turn on the power supply for the water pump when the main system is turned on. I plan to add some LED's in the water pump and case to add some flare to the system.

WOOT!!! TaleGunner is BACK!!

Great to see you working on the mod again. Beautiful work as usual!

Thanks Override it's great to be back. Being ill and without a job takes its toll.

I let the system run last night to check for leaks and run out any air bubbles. Air will make noise in the system (for you sailors out there cavitate). It’s now quite and water tight. Next step is to finish the main computer case. I disassembled the case from the water pump last night to see the movement of the water bubbles.

After I get the case sealed with the sanding sealer, tung oiled and waxed, I will have to break down this computer to put in into the case. Good thing for me that I have 4 other computers here that I will be able to post updates and pics with. I know that some (not all) have only the one computer and have to take it down to finish the mod. The 5.25", and the 3.5" racks will be painted black. The paint takes so long to dry. I guess I'm not very patient these days.

Just a simple note here. If you guys see a image that does not load please drop me a line. I just finished going through all the pages and made sure that the images that were supposed to load did. I found some images that I did not post that were on my log and deleted them off.