Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Cherry wood Case with water cooling

Default Re: Cherry wood Case with water cooling

Well here is the finished boards in all the glory of planed, jointed, routed sanded and ready for the next step, one that will be more exciting for me finally.

The last time I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was another train headed towards me.

Sorry its taken so long. With work and the basement I have to make time for my project. Today I made great strides getting the pump housing on its merry way. I took the glued board and cut it to size for preparation of making the sides. This is what the glue joint looked like after the cuts.

From here I was able to set up the boards in a mock up layout.

Now was the time to create the joints that would allow me to miter the corners and get a great looking corner for the pump house.

I loved the router bits I was using. The locking joints made it so easy to get a great miter joint on the corners.

Now it was time to make the dado cut for the top and bottom of the pump housing.

There was a small lip the occurred but a little sanding and no problems.
    Then it was time to put the top and bottom on the pump housing for fitting. Nothing at this point is glued up, only dry fitting.

That was as far as I got today. To bad for me next week I'm away at a company training class and won't be able to make any more progress. And of course I have to get back to the basement to keep the wifey happy!
    The last time I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, it was another train headed towards me.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

+ rep and /subscribe as well. This is gonna be sweet once it's done!
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Well I just couldn't leave it alone before I left. I went into the shop to cut the power supply and air ports for the pump housing.

From here I can begin to use a little of that glue to get something finished here. I have not selected the fan grills yet. I am looking for something unique. I love Mountain Mods original design with the big M in the center. Theres reasons for that but I would like them to be metal and they are plastic.
    Any suggestions?

MMm..Yummy wood goodness. For the fan grills, why not get some thin aircraft grade plywood and break out the scroll saw? Whip up a nice design in photoshop and get cuttin'! You could cut a rectangular piece of ply and cut both holes for the radiator, making a nice facia. If you have a lathe, turn some nice little cherry button head pegs to attach the grille

Oh and you've been featured! Keep it up man.
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 03-19-2007 at 08:02 AM.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Are you going to stain the wood? Not saying that i hate the natural color or anything, just curious. Oh! and Good Luck!
    Im Back Baby!
    Yeah, I just quoted Bender Bending Rodriguez, got a problem?

Anodized

Nice work. I always liked working with wood. its ultimatly versitile and well done woodwork is a pleasure to see, smell and touch.

Strip it, paint it, and love on it... Commando's Avatar

This project is so cool. I can't wait to see it come together. The woodwork is great. I know who to ask questions of now, when I build my next desk.

this looks great bro, keep up the good work. Congrats on getting featured!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    MMm..Yummy wood goodness. For the fan grills, why not get some thin aircraft grade plywood and break out the scroll saw? Whip up a nice design in photoshop and get cuttin'! You could cut a rectangular piece of ply and cut both holes for the radiator, making a nice facia. If you have a lathe, turn some nice little cherry button head pegs to attach the grille

Oh and you've been featured! Keep it up man.
    Thanks for the featured. I will come up with a grill to honor TBCS. I am humbled ...