Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: does this even exist???

Water Cooled

Default Re: does this even exist???

the best you can get is a LIS display with a standard pc remote. it would require winamp to run, but thats the most you will get since there are no mp3 players reading out of a hard drive while you are using it for other stuff. you would have a lot more options customizing both the display and the remote too, other than playing/displaying music.

1-Whats an LIS display?

2-And I think I might have to go that route ... Get a pc remote and configure it to work with winamp, i just wanted to also avoid having some sort of receiver on my desk. Is there any way to conceal that winthin the pc or even is there a receiver that you can hide in a 5.25 or 3.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Frakk
    what you are looking for is an mp3 player with lcd display that uses your hard drive? no such thing. you would have to play it from the computer
    sure they do , check crutchfeild, they make removabkle mp3 players for automotive use, they have onboard storage.

Water Cooled

yeah but i dont think they use the hd in the same time with a computer.

Fresh Paint

hello,

yer i found a web site who wrote a topic on one last night then only thing is i thought i saved it to my book marks and when i came to post i couldnt find it

im not sure of the site i was visting because it was like 3 in the morning and i couldnt be bothered really. i remembered the site was saying that you would have to get one of those universal remotes and build a program in c or c++ so the computer reconized the remote. of course a Ir port of some sort will be needed. then you could program the buttons to do persific things of course not all the buttons will be in use.

i will try and find the site agian for you later on, but im not promessing :p

have fun and good luck on the mod

*edit*

also it might be a good idea to look at some head units what are for sale in good car outlets, these most of the time come supplyed with a remote. check out

www.maxpower.co.uk and look at some of there linked shops.
    note this is only a idea. :p
    simon,

Fresh Paint

Default found a site to help

hello,

ok iv found another site for you, im not too sure about the lcd screen i guessing you can hook it up some way but there is a remote iv found what will work with you computer and you are able to select music. im sure this will help

http://www.edge-tech.co.uk/html/product_page.html

simon,