Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does this even exist???

Default does this even exist???

Hey guys, I'm looking for something, some sort of LCD display for a 5.25 external bay that can play music off my harddrive (ie: winamp) ... there is a catch .... it MUST have a remote ... cause you know, remotes are cool lol Does anyone know of something like that?

Thanks so much if you can find that! I've looked everywhere!

Default Re: does this even exist???

Ok,i dont know if you can get one integrated, but im pretty sure you can attatch a remote unit to your computer, which you'll have to set for the program you want, and that'll be running on the lcd, so you can use a remote on it. This is the best way i can think of...
    even if you do something that specifically does that, it might not be cheaper.

The SlackMeister

you mean something like this http://www.thermaltake.com/accessori...875xpeaker.htm but this doesnt have a remote and LCD

hmm, i know you can setup your pc to work with a remote...
    *tries to remember where she saw it*
    i hate forgetting things that i know...

I found something SUPER close ... "maxdy multimedia hub", its got the remote and stuff, only one prob, it doesn't access the songs from your harddrive, which defeats my purpose. The thermaltake one you were talking about is cool, but I'm planning on plugging it into my 5.1 surround sound z5300 from logitech, I wouldn't use those little speakers that are attached, and plus the no remote thingy too. This is truly something hard to find, and it's so simple, you would expect it to exist for sure! BTW, money is not an issue when modding my pc.

Case Wizard

Why not just get a all in wonder Video card or TV turner card and use the remote that come with that. Install Linux and Use MythTV. Lot of the LCD screens have plug ins like CrystalFont (sp) to work with Winamp.

http://www.pcremotecontrol.com/info.html

as for a stereo to play the music I cant think of the brand right now, but they make one with a remote, with FM stereo, EQ, but I dont think it plays winamp on its own though, your better off with a plain tuner card with FM and remote though. the leadtek TV2000 expert is a great card and can be had very cheaply, it also gives the haupage cards a serious run for the money and can capture straight to divx

Water Cooled

what you are looking for is an mp3 player with lcd display that uses your hard drive? no such thing. you would have to play it from the computer

thats what I meant
    the madxy multimedia hub display music and has a remote, BUT it doesn't play it from winamp and such, it plays cds.