Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolutionary

Default Re: Evolutionary

i see them, im still anticipating what will happen with the speakers. thamks for the info also, im trying to see all the tools that one would need to do a truly professional mod like yours.
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk

Fresh Paint

Woohoo, I can see the eye candy. Those built in speakers will look AWESOME!!! Cool idea.

Did not have much time to work on the case last weeks, but this week I can show you a small update. I had to solve the problem with the airducts in the top of the case. Needed to use acrylic because the ducts will to guide the air to the outakes on top of the case, but the acrylic is transparant, so when you have a close look through the openings of the outtakes, you would be able to see through. So there where the MeshX has to come in.

Also had to fabricate some aluminium pieces to mount the harddiskbox.

It's not finished yet, need to drill a hole to attach the springs to the mountingpoints. I'm working hard to close all the sides of the case. Hope I can show you a closed case in a few weeks.

What the hell are you Dutch guys drinking? You seem to make the coolest damned mods around these days! Looking fantastic Franklin!!!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I agree with jbdnsn, this is a truly fantastic mod. How did you find the MeshX to work with? I have ordered a sheet of the silver stuff for my mod (were sold out of black haha) and was just wondering how easy it was to cut/bend and what tools you used to do so.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    What the hell are you Dutch guys drinking? You seem to make the coolest damned mods around these days! Looking fantastic Franklin!!!
    Heineken is originally Dutch. Do i need to say more?
    And today there was a article in the newspaper that our drinking water has medicines in it since they can't filter them all out.

You could have used dark acrylic as well, i'm wondering why mesh? Since the airducts in the case were made out of dark acrylic as well.
    I used mesh someday with sanded plexi beyond, illuminated with some led's. That looks great too.
    Found a pic of it: click
    My TBCS worklogs:

HTPC Onkyo look(active!)
    Alien Hospital(on hold) - Chemical Industrial(finished) - Cosmod(finished)
    Other finished projects:
    I-spider - Chemical Overdose - The Praetorian

I was thinking about frosting the acrylic and adding some light, but I first want to look what it will look like without that, because it will barely be visible ofcourse.

The PSU will be mounted with the normal screws at the back but it will need some additional support. A sheet of 2mm AC Ryan aluminium is all I need. First draw the part.

Saw it with my scroll saw.

Time to see if the part fits.

Looks ok.

The aluminium parts for the PSU also look good in combination with the harddiskbox.

The reason that I mount the PSU on its side is that I want to show the best side of the PSU and also make the cables visible. Sometimes cables even look good and I think that these will look good.

Wow thats some nice stuff. I like the way this is coming together. Is this area with the PSU and HD box going to be open or covered with plexi or something?
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Yeah that's some really nice stuff. Great work so far, can't wait to see this bad boy when it's all done.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Love the coilovers, look right special.

Well done that man, coming on a treat.

+reppy goodness for using the coolest coilovers.