Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolutionary

Default Re: Evolutionary

ZOMG its look so amazeing +rep

That is sweet man. No two ways about it. I'm really glad i told you to make your own thread for your computers. And i'm twice as glad you like it enough here to keep a worklog. It was a pleasure reading about your last project, and i know i'm going to enjoy this one just as much.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

no they aint for xmods....... those r for 1:16 gas or electric RC cars..... or w/e the ratio is.... cant remember... had one....... but i put it into a curb doing bout 60...... was never the same lolz gave up after that..... damn things cost too much....
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Don't know anything about rc cars, just bought these in a webshop in the Netherlands.

Today I was feeling like years ago. Playing with clay makes you feel young again. I made the shape for the air outlets that come on top of the case. These ones. Side view and top view ( it's in Dutch )

Used some wood for the hight, length and shape. It's about 6 cm. in hight.

After drying I will have to sand it with some very fine sandingpaper and then bake it in a normal oven at 130 degrees Celcius.

Not finished yet after baking it, because this is a positve and I will need to make a negative from this shape. The negative a will use to shape the glass fibre.

AHHHH THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!!!!! what're u gonna do next!?!?!

I ordered all the materials I need to make the fibre glass parts. It took me a bit longer as expected, but I needed to know know some technical stuff about working with fibreglass before I could order it. Monday they will send all the stuff to me, so I expect it to be here on tuesday or maybe a day later. I almost done with the model for the fibreglass part. I will make a fibreglass shape from this clay model and that part I will use to construct 4 airoutlets. The clay is baked now and it came out well. Only will have to sand it a bit.

Just to give you an idea of what I mean, the clay model on top of the case. The fibreglass is hardened after 25 minutes, so I think I can finish them next weekend.

I did a lot of work on the harddisk box, but I dont want to show it yet. All the parts will be glued and I can't do that before I know it all will fit. It's a bit hard to take a picture of all the things withot it being mounted. So you all will have to wait some time for those pictures.

Started working on something els, the powerbutton. This was the idea.

and I used some leftover aluminium from the Lian Li mod.

I just can't wait to begin working with the fibreglass.

Anodized

Very nice work so far. I like the color scheme.

hurray! update! looking awesome dude, cant wait to see more

The model for the airducts on top of the case are almost finished, After sanding it with very fine sandingpaper I had to put some resin over it.

This is what the model looks like after two layers of resin. Some spots may look like they are not smooth, but that's because some spots are a bit grey and most of the model is white.

Now I will have two wait for it to dry, takes 24 hours. Tomorrow I can use the moldingwax.

I'm cutting the fibreglass mat to the right size, so I can start working with it tomorrow. The fibreglass model will not be the part I will need, but only the nagative model that I will use to create four fibreglass airducts.

I also need a model for the fibreglass that will cover the top of the case, I use MDF for it.

The MDF model is treated with the same resin. It will need another two layers before I can apply the wax.

Now I'll have to wait 24 hours for it all to dry. In the meantime I started working on some plexi tubing that I will use for the airducts from the radiators to the top of the case. First I need to cut it down in size.

After thhis it will have to be cut in half.

Now I have four of these parts, only two in this photograph, but I've got four of those thing now.

They will be mounted here.

The plexi will not be visible in the endresult and the sides will be closed as well.

lookin good as usual, just 1 question. Are there gonna be 4 rads in this thing?