Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Evolutionary

Default Re: Evolutionary

very nice. + rep

It's a very small update, but I'm so happy with the result. It's a nasty stuff to work with but the result is very good.

Later today I'll remove the polyester model from the clay model and cut down the edges.

Thanks everyone for all the comments and the rep points.

The polyester is removed from the clay and it looks very good. I didn't know what I could expect from this material but I'm very satisfied with the result.

So this fibreglass part I will use as a model for the 4 parts I will use as airoutlets. The inside of this model to be precise is the side I will use as the model. Just add some special black paint to the resin to get a black part.

I almost finished the 4 models for the airducts that will be placed on top of the case. These models will be sanded and painted later after they have been attched to the polyester top that wil cover the upper part of my case. I wanted to show where these parts will be mounted.

Also worked on something for my dustfilters. It's always difficult to get those things out and that's why I want to create something that can easily be removed. I will use three layers, two will be glued together and the third is just to keek the filter in place.

I will mount a profile underneath my case where this thing will slide in. Far from finished, will have to file it, corners wil be rounded and it will have to sanded.

This case is looking cool as hell so far Franklin! By the way, I assume you are entering the Dutch Casemodding Championship this year right?
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    This case is looking cool as hell so far Franklin! By the way, I assume you are entering the Dutch Casemodding Championship this year right?
    No, my case isn't finished in time, maybe next year. The championship is next month

Started working on the fibreglass that will cover the top of the frame ( the top and about 17 cm. of the sides )

It's a dirty stuff to work with. You've got to work fast because it gets more and more sticky after some time.
    The model that will be covered with the fibreglass is finished. Around the model I mounted a wooden frame. When the fibreglass is hardened I can push the model of. If this doesn't work I can always remove the MDF from the inside.

Before I can begin I have to cut the glass mats into the right size.

Right now there's are four layers of glass.

Tomorrow I can put on the last two layers. After this is finished it will have to harden. When it is dry I will cut out some areas for the airducts that I already have made. These ducts will be mounted with some fibreglass to the big model and with some special bondo for fibreglass it will be smoothened so you can't see that it were seperate parts.

The part I am making now will be placed over over the frame, here.

Afterwards I need to cut out some areas for the ducts.

The fibreglass hood came of the MDF model without any problem and the inside is perfectly smooth.

I testfitted the hood over the aluminium frame and it fits. Could not wish for more. No image of the hood over the frame, the battery of my camera will have to be recharged first The outside has to be sanded. After that I will cut out some areas for the airducts and some other things.

This is fricken awesome. I love it. +rep for sure.
    RIP Bucko

Thanks for your comment and the rep

Here is the image from the hood over the frame. It needs lots of work, sanding, need to cut out some areas for the airducts and for some other things. When this all is finished it will be painted. The fibreglass at the bottom sticks out, but that will be removed so no problem at all.

This week I will be working on two other pieces of fibre glass that wil be mounted in this big hood. An image will make it more clear I think. The areas that are marked in black will be removed from the fibreglass.

The part in the left corner will be made this week and will also be fibreglass.

In the end it will look something like this.

In the openings I will place some acrylic, just like in the sketch some pages ago.