Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psh, Wiimote? How about a brainmote!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Psh, Wiimote? How about a brainmote!

Project Epoc

Say goodbye to joysticks, controllers, and possibly even keyboards! Now this is breakthrough technology for game developers, can you even imagine the games that we could have with a controller like this??

I also wonder how this will affect society "mentally". Will we still need brainage for the Nintendo DS to exercise our brains? Or will we just simply have to play any game to give our brains their daily jog?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: Psh, Wiimote? How about a brainmote!

Looks like a fake to me.
    Ehemm Nintendo virtual reality helmet Ehemm
    The only brain controlled things have to be hardwired into your head aka drilled into you skull

I mean really we don't even have voice control down yet.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Durrthock View Post
    Looks like a fake to me.
    Ehemm Nintendo virtual reality helmet Ehemm
    The only brain controlled things have to be hardwired into your head aka drilled into you skull
    It very well could be a fake. But I think you watch too many scifi movies.

Quote Originally Posted by some dude
    It reads the slight electrical changes in the skin of your skull when you think of a certain thought. Basically you have to calibrate it like a joystick.
    Sounds solid to me, but then again, I'm no neurologist nor do I study human anatomy or any of the such.

oh yeah, one more thing. We all know that this thing is destined to fail, But it's the thought that counts. I mean hell, we wouldn't have ANYTHING if it weren't for ideas. See, the great thing about ideas is, they can be worked with and improved upon.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

No the hardwiring thing was this guy who cant move can control a mouse pointer
    with his brain but its attached to his brain.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I really do enjoy video games, but I also enjoy having a full head of hair, going bald is not something I'll do just to play the games I love in a different format, unless it was waaay more fun, but I'ma just wait until the technology improves, troubleshoot all the bugs, so if there's something wrong, I don't get adversely effected by it. I'm betting it would end up failing due to our paranoid society though, they hate new things...

EDIT: You probably would have to shave your head to get the best performance from that, depending on the "waves" it uses though...

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

I swear i thought i saw something like this before. Idk. I could have been imagining things. Anyway, that thing looks super geeky i don't know if i would want to be seen wearing one.

Also, i could see it being problematic depending on how "sensitive" it is. Lets say that, you have two options; Action a, and Action b.

What if when you think about Action a and it's consequences the device automatically performs Action a just because you thought about it. Idk, Im sure they wouldn't be marketing it if there was a serious flaw like that, but its something to think about.

But anyway, like i said, super geeky. No one would be caught dead with this unless they were hardcore geeks or gamers. It WOULD be nice to get past the problem of only having ten fingers though. Combo moves and confusing button layouts would be a thing of the past.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

The concept has been proven. There is a guy who cannot move at all that people have been doing testing on for this. He can now explore (rather slowly) a virtual world with his thoughts. He trains the machine for hours a day. New commands take a long time to teach. I watched a show about it on TLC or Discovery or the like a few weeks back.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    The concept has been proven. There is a guy who cannot move at all that people have been doing testing on for this. He can now explore (rather slowly) a virtual world with his thoughts. He trains the machine for hours a day. New commands take a long time to teach. I watched a show about it on TLC or Discovery or the like a few weeks back.
    I remember reading about this guy a couple months back. Wasn't he playing Galgala or Space Invaders?
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

"Dont get it wet, You'll get lobotomized!"

"Special Gyro Sensor for the smash hit game: HEADBANGERS!"

Sorry, lol, im being silly.

This is a nintendo device? Reminds me of that virtual reality tennis game that never caught on. I bet it does just aswell in sales.

The technology is there for this to work. However, since everybody's brain works slightly diffrent, it would take a long time to calibrate each function. You wouldnt want to think of dinner and accidently activate your last power up. Also, without a button set to work off of, how would you know what to think about to get the move/action you want.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.