Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron + Rich Saudi Arabian Guy = SWEET

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

Default Re: Bugatti Veyron + Rich Saudi Arabian Guy = SWEET

Quote Originally Posted by AJ@PR View Post

They Veyron does have 1k bhp... but it consumes aproximately 2000 hp cooling the engine. Yeah, I'm not ****ing around.
    Between water pumps, oil pumps, fans for the water radiators, oil radiators, etc etc... there goes 2000 hp in cooling. COOLING!

isn't it ironic... the damn thing has 11 radiators

So, if you think about it, the engine makes around 3000hp.
    It's absurd, really.
    Fun.
    I love engineering.

me too

....... a very nice read....

This is in the spirit of TBCS, no flame-wars... just discussion.
    GT40, where you get that?

I know, i have some explaining to do..

If I'm not mistaken, the 2007 rules for F1 have V8 engines.
    F1 hasn't used V12 since... uff... variou............................................ .......................................

to start this... first i must say +rep for a great post !

now when I said the stuff about v12, 3 litre, turbocahrging, i was talking about the old times

i wanted to cut a long story short, what you said 100% corect, is just i'm not a F1 guru... (you freak ), and i was not shure about the 2007, or for that fact the 2006 rule book

so no problem, you rock, thanks for all the info

now, you said you are pro forced-induction.... why ?

you create a LOT of problem with every gain in boost, you need a lot of new systems like inter cooling, oil system for the turbos and the bigest(?)... TURBO LAG

i promise to continue this discussion tomorrow its 11:54 PM in here and i need sleep !

LOUD AND PROUD !

look at it this way, the vayron will been in top speed (ISH)
    but by time the vayron has reaced 100MPH the F1 has reached its top speed.

i won't compaire the Ford GT, Built by Europiens

I will say this though, the US can't make a good car to save there life (No offence intedned to yanks)

yes, US make SOME nice looking cards, but we in europe have mastered cars, and to be correct, the US didn't invent the car, the germans did.

Did you know that all of fords high peformance ST and RS cars are build by Volvo, As to are quite a few of touring cars.

Look at it this way, Its not always about power, an Atom has about 1300CC engine, and produces about 200BHp and will kick the ass out of most cars.

May i also add, the last UMTEEN fasted cars in the world have been made by europe.
    /Rant

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

tinfoil-underwear

^^^^ Let me finish playing Halo.. and I'll reply... Lord...
    You're in TBCS?
    You do realize we're following a guy that's the

VP of Regional Sales for
    Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids

I'm just sayin'...

tinfoil-underwear

Default Here we go...

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
    look at it this way, the vayron will been in top speed (ISH)
    but by time the vayron has reaced 100MPH the F1 has reached its top speed.
    F1's top speed is probably around 180ish...
    Veyron's is 250ish.

The F1 will reach it first, only to be passed by the Veyron, what? 9 seconds later?

i won't compaire the Ford GT, Built by Europiens
    Not entirely true.
    Chassis is built in England.
    Engines, and the finish of the entire car is built in the USA.
    In addition, all other components, are built, engineered, and manufactured in the USA.

So, in recollection, your comment is completely wrong.

I will say this though, the US can't make a good car to save there life (No offence intedned to yanks)
    I’ll try to make this comment as easy as possible, because, to be quite honest, IT PISSES ME OFF.

Look, you freaking moron… The UNITED STATED OF AMERICA DID build a car, and it DID save our lives…

And wow, come to think of it, it saved ALL your lives over in Europe. All the lives in Planet Earth!
    I don’t know if you’re aware of a little thing called World War II, where TEAM AMERICA, **** YEAH! had to come save the mother****ing world!!!!

It’s called the Jeep Willys… wiki it up some time.
    Asshat.

Tell me how Hitler was working out for you.

GRRRRgggrrrRRRRRRR!!!!!

BAH!!!!!

Next point::::::

yes, US make SOME nice looking cards, but we in europe have mastered cars, and to be correct, the US didn't invent the car, the germans did.
    You’ve ‘mastered’ cars?
    Hmm… I wonder how you “in europe” have mastered cars more than the people in America… or the people in Japan/Korea.

No… the USA didn’t invent the car.
    Your point, is totally moot because,
    1st, you brought it up your self.
    A self-created ‘comment’ to serve your needs.
    2nd, it was Karl Benz that did a tricycle, which is considered the first car in the world.

What the USA did, one-handedly by a guy name Henry Ford (respect!), was to introduce the ‘assembly line’ idea to the manufacturing of vehicles.

Get your history straight, young grasshopper.

Did you know that all of fords high peformance ST and RS cars are build by Volvo, As to are quite a few of touring cars.
    Um, what butt-cheek did you pull this one out of? The left, or the right one? Or was it straight out of the hole in your ass? Right besides your head?

Volvo cars, is owned by the PAG – Premiere Automotive Group, which is a Ford company. (PAG = Volvo, Jaguar, Aston Martin)
    It doesn’t even MAKE SENSE that Volvo builds the high performance Fords.
    Yeah. Right.
    Just for the possibility I’m wrong, what cars are the ones you refer to as “ST” and “RS”?
    Links? ???

BTW: I’m a Volvo freak.

Look at it this way, Its not always about power, an Atom has about 1300CC engine, and produces about 200BHp and will kick the ass out of most cars.
    Look at it this way… An ATOM, is a nice coffin on wheels.

You get hit by a freaking MOTORCYCLE in that thing and there’s a high chance of dying.
    It has no air conditioning… no ‘respectable’ safety systems…
    It’s a FREAKING KIT CAR!!!
    YOU HAVE TO BUILD IT YOUR SELF!
    I’ll go to the Chevy dealership, buy a 2007 Z06, and run circles around the “Atom” with my hands clean, and my shirt un-sweaty. Thank you very much.

May i also add, the last UMTEEN fasted cars in the world have been made by europe.
    Oh really?
    What do you call…
    Wait… trying to decode…

“UMTEEN”?
    What the hell is ‘umteen’?
    Is it a number?
    What number? Jesus.

What type of cars?
    Production cars?
    Speciality cars?
    Record breaking cars?
    Be specific.

And there’s a difference, btw, between ‘fasted’, ‘fastest’, ‘quickest’, and ‘top speed’.
    Get it straight.

/Rant
    Thank god for that.

Please don’t ever, ever do that again.

As you can see, my post is relatively pissed-off… But I blew a gasket when you said that we couldn’t build a car to save our lives.
    Be more grateful you little low-quality bugger.
    Not even a good bugger… no… you’re the type that breaks off in the middle of the pull and does a ‘Cliff Hanger’ between your finger and your nostril.

Sheeshhh…

One thing before I go... please, for the sweet love of the various Virgin Mary's apparitions, work on your grammar. It's horrific. Even if English isn't your 1st language, that isn't an excuse. English isn't MY 1st language, but you don't see me rund rytin holibly rong witut noing stuf.

NOW I can say…

[/AJ@PR’s RANT]
    You're in TBCS?

VP of Regional Sales for
    Darth Harrington's Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids

I'm just sayin'...

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I actually prefer to old looking Skyline. I just think it looks better. There is no denying the new one is curvy and sexyness but the old one just has some charm to it.

Need a sig

tinfoil-underwear

Quote Originally Posted by GT40_GearHead View Post
    to start this... first i must say +rep for a great post !
    w00t w00t
    Thanks man

now when I said the stuff about v12, 3 litre, turbocahrging, i was talking about the old times

i wanted to cut a long story short, what you said 100% corect, is just i'm not a F1 guru... (you freak ), and i was not shure about the 2007, or for that fact the 2006 rule book
    It's all good. It's all good.

Yeah... during the old days, F1 was crazy.
    Crazy.

I think I've got all my facts right, but I'm not 100% sure... more like 95%.
    So if anybody has any corrections, please feel free to add to the mix!

so no problem, you rock, thanks for all the info
    w000000t !
    Thanks man...
    Thank you for liking my ramblings... I though it was written in vain.

It's just that I'm a nerd for wierd datums.
    Did you know that F1 cars fill their tires mainly with Nitrogen?
    Know why?
    Cause if they fill them with air, when the tire gets hot, the water in the air will change phase to vapor... and it'll increase the pressure... and change the characteristics of the tire (shape, rebound, contact patch, etc.)
    (( tellin' ya... I'm a nerd ))

now, you said you are pro forced-induction.... why ?

you create a LOT of problem with every gain in boost, you need a lot of new systems like inter cooling, oil system for the turbos and the bigest(?)... TURBO LAG
    I completely see, and agree to your point.

Lots of things come by the use of turbos.
    Systems like you said (intercoolers, upgraded oil systems, fuel system upgrades, etc.)....
    And Turbo Lag, definitely a pain in the ass.

I just picked the boosted engine cause... well, we're in Dreamy Dream Land.
    I'd just rather have 80 hp under 5,000 rpm... then suddenly have that spike up to 1,200hp when I cross 5,700 rpm.

But yeah... I'm with you...
    Turbo lag isn't something very friendly.

Although, manufacturers constantly make great strides in reducing it (I'm itchin' to test drive the new Porsche Turbo... with them variable cam-lobes, variable intake-length runners, variable-angle valves for the exhaust side of the turbos... etc.

i promise to continue this discussion tomorrow its 11:54 PM in here and i need sleep !
    Go sleep my good... I mean, OUR good Aussie friend.

We shall speak tomorrow... And I'm guessing you'll have read... erm... um.... "nasty-gram" on top.

Love to all.
    You're in TBCS?

VP of Regional Sales for

I'm just sayin'...

The Skyline is very much a badass prod car. Nissans are awesome. My truck has the same 6 cyl VQ35 engine as the Skyline and 350Z (although the Skyline has the upgraded twin turbo VQ35DE )--for an SUV it has lots of balls, even moreso than some V8's.. Also, it's Ward's top 10 engine of the year for 13 years straight. They know engines.
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 03-16-2007 at 08:59 PM.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

I know im coming in a bit late but the bugatti veyron is not only designed for sheer speed, the car also has (almost) racing-level handling. The Car & Driver review stated that though it had 1001hp, the rest of its specs kept on par with that. please somebody find that article online for me. My favorite part was when he took it on the Autobahn (is that spelled right?) and waved at a ferrari as he was going 190mph!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    The Skyline is very much a badass prod car. Nissans are awesome. My truck has the same 6 cyl VQ35 engine as the Skyline and 350Z (although the Skyline has the upgraded twin turbo VQ35DE )--for an SUV it has lots of balls, even moreso than some V8's.. Also, it's Ward's top 10 engine of the year for 13 years straight. They know engines.
    I <3 Nissan . Also, I agree with AJ@PR. Just gloating about cars in Europe doesn't prove anything. The only car I can see being awesome that actually came from Europe is the TVR Tuscan. Sure they hit high speeds. But WHERE THE HELL in Europe are you going to find a 6 mile straightaway that you can drive 250 MPH? Surely, you can find them here <I-95/>, but nowhere in Europe is there a road with that length (except maybe a test track, if they even have one). Also, don't diss Ford. You have only seen the little small block 4 cylinders over there. I have a 1997 F-350 7.3 liter turbodiesel (525 HP, even more torque). I would like to see a little thing over there pull 18,000 pounds. Fords are built tough, and if you don't like it, deal with it.

Anyways, the F1 does NOT hit only 180 MPH. It so happens to hit 235 MPH.

Quote:
    "yes, US make SOME nice looking cards, but we in europe have mastered cars, and to be correct, the US didn't invent the car, the germans did."

Yeah the Germans made autos, that doesn't mean that they MASTERED them. Come over here, and stick yourself behind the wheel of an American car. Until then, your views are considered hypocritical .
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

I love all cars; euro, japanese and american. I have to get an american car for my first car because we live near detroit, MI and have to support our state and city.