Thread: Thermaltake 750 PSU

Anodized

Default Thermaltake 750 PSU

I have had this thing for 3 months now and it works wonders!!!

I bought this off of Newegg just under $200 with shipping.
    Thermaltake 750 watt toughpower cable management model.

I am at work so no digi cam for pics. :o(

Heres the link to newegg for it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817153036

My current setup is in my sig and I am using my bros E6600 CPU ( oc'd 3.4 GhZ) and an 21" widescreen LG moniter. The main feature on this PSU is for cable management and use only what you need! So far the 750 watt is handling my rig pretty well with no failure and no down time when I am gaming. The pre wrapped cables are a HUGE plus! I have no cluttering what so ever, which means more air flow.

This PSU also has 3 Pci-E plugs. I love this thing, if you are running the GTX like me you can use the main pci power plug and another which you can plug in from the PSU to the card. If you decide to down grade simply take off the optional pci power plug. Certain PSU's come with two and you have no choice but to have 2 pci plugs. Which if you only need 1 power plug, the other is loose and will cause cluttering. I like what they have done with this PS, use what you need only!

I also love the fact that it comes with a 14cm (140mm) fan and included is a silicone gasket for the cpu mount so it causes less vibration and what not! SUPER quiet, especially for a huge fan. I highly recommend this PSU if you are looking for a nice setup without a ton of wires!

All in all I give this PSU a 9.5 / 10. Losing the .5 because of the price. You can still get a decent PSU for less but get what you pay right.
    Mother board: EVGA 680i SLI ATX. E6600 CPU: OC'd 3.4gHz. Vid Card: BFG 8800GTX OC'd version (2000 mhz)
    H/D: Raptor 10,000rpm 150 gB Mem: 2 gig OcZ
    PSU: Thermaltake 750W
    Cpu Cooler: Zalman 9700. Thermalright VGA cooler. 20.1 LG widescreen

Default Re: Thermaltake 750 PSU

Wow. 750W Power Supply!
    Expensive though. My God $200.00 For a Power Supply.

Loving those new Molex connectors. It about time they fixed those POS things.

I think I'd Just Hook "2" 550w Up for $40