Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Laser Sensor button?

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

Default Re: Laser Sensor button?

Quote Originally Posted by vidas7de7jesus7 View Post
    hehe, if you were a terrific aim, you could turn your computer on with a spitball or something. Practice your paintball aim by turning on your computer, etc. Fun stuff.
    LOL, That would be interesting.
    *****COMMON SENSE AIN'T COMMON*****

I posted this question before in this thread but the person who said they could make me a PCB design for a circuit board never got back in touch with me so I'm asking again for some help from anyone.

Can anyone here make a PCB design out of a wire schemetic?

I would like to DIY a circuit board. I can order a kit for around $50 to make a professional looking board but I don't have a way to make a PCB design. I can order one off the net for $50-$100 but that's way to much money for something so small.

Well I found a program for free to help me design a PCB. I made a file with multiple boards on it and went to Kinko's and printed the file to a transparent sheet. I went to Fry's and bought the UV light exposure kit and the Developing/Etching kit. Did everything like I was suppose to do and this is what came out.

I know the glare on the pix annoys me too. Guess I need to work on my photography skills. I'm not sure why the copper streak is on the bottom part of the board as well. Good thing I only need 3 of the circuits for my project. Overall I don't think I did that bad for my first attempt. I was on a natural high for a couple hours after I did this.

Well now for the bad news. Since I'm also a noob at doing anything with circuit boards I found out when I was soldering the components on the card that when I was did the PCB design I had some of the contacts upside down and backwards. So when I tried to put the relay on the board the contacts wouldn't fit because the holes were backwards. Plus I forgot to incorporate the small circuity for the LED light. So I've got to go back and redesign the PCB and do the whole developing/etching thing again.

Ach, don't let it get you down dude. That looks Ace and i'm sure you'll get it right this time.

Where's the fun in getting everything right first time anyway, eh?

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

I need to know which PCB design is better or will they do the exact same thing. I have made two designs they're identical except for a couple of spots.

The first one is straight shot from one component to next one.

This next one gives a little space between the component and the track with the power.

The second one looks like it will be easier to do, but look out-the top to the far right, that track comes awfully close and it would be very easy to short that when soldering.

-Dave
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Spacehonkey,
    Sorry was really busy realeasing new code for equipment at work, but i was the one that offered to make you a pcb. it's about midnight here so i'll look at the threads again tommarow and get back to you. sorry again for not answering you.

Who said being good....was.......good!

That's cool, I thought you might of been busy with work or something. I did find a program that I could make a PCB design but since I know very little I would still like to see what you can come up with. If you backtrack and see some of my other posts in this thread then you can see that I've made it all the way to actually making a circuit board. Even though it turned out totally awesome I messed up on the original design and I have to start all over again. So before I etch a new board and possibly waste another circuit board I would like to compare your design with mine and see were I went wrong. The main mistake I made was I put the post for the relay in the wrong spot so when I went to put it on the board it didn't fit.