Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Keyboard going weird on me?

ATX Mental Case

Default Wireless Keyboard going weird on me?

I have a wireless keyboard at home that I have been using for probably 10 mos. now. It isnt completely wireless but is one of those ones with the usb transmitter hub thing on a wire you have to put somewhere. Every now and then, even when the batteries are fresh, it will just randomly stop picking up some of the keys I type (which wreaks havoc while im playing games) until i move the little transmitter around on the desk a little bit and then its fine. Does anyone know why this would happen?

On a tangent idea, can anybody recommend a good quality wireless keyboard (doesnt have to be the G15, I already know about that one but its a little too fancy for me) to replace this thing with because if it keeps up I wont be able to use it any more. Imt rd f typi mssegesl ke ths.

Austral Alien

Default Re: Wireless Keyboard going weird on me?

It doesn't happen to be a Microsoft Keyboard does it?

Mine does the same. The mouse was the worst. It took two days from brand new before it was ditched and the old one hooked back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

ATX Mental Case

Its an older model of the Gyration keyboard...it came in a set with a wireless gyroscopic mouse that uses the same hub if it rings a bell. I thought at one point it was maybe some kind of weird interference with the mouse and kb but i dont use the mouse anymore, i got a razer so the only thing using the hub is the keyboard.

Do you have a wireless connection or a home phone close to the keyboard? I get interferrence on my home phone from my wireless router unless I switch from 2.4Ghz to something like 2.6Ghz in the router setup. This can affect keyboards/mice that use the same radio frequency.

Also, make sure the wireless hub is not near sources of electromagnetic interference, such as a CRT monitor or speakers. Wireless keyboards that use RF do not work well when near these objects.

The solution for my home theater setup was to just get a Bluetooth mouse/keyboard.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Guardian

Don't do wireless, you know its going to **** you over in a little while.

My theory : Wired Mouse + Wirecutters = Wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigman2142 View Post
    Don't do wireless, you know its going to **** you over in a little while.

My theory : Wired Mouse + Wirecutters = Wireless.
    Helpful...

I'm going off wireless input devices, but only because I'm bored of buying batteries. Oh, and my wife nicks the keyboard and runs off with it when I've been on too long....

Anodized

I had a logitech one as well and mine did the very same thing. so I dont think its device specific. It just happens. I dont play competatively anymore so not a huge deal for me. but none the less I dont use it any more.

Overclocked

With my Logitech wireless mouse, they told me (when I installed the software) to keep a 12 inch radius around the receiver from any electrical devices (Computer, screen, speakers, lamp, router, etc) and don't get anything electrical between the keyboard and the receiver. Imagine your receiver is located in a bubble that has a 24 inch diameter, don't get anything electrical in it. lol

My mouse's receiver was a little bit jumpy when it was near my old CRT screen and speakers, when I moved it out somewhere else on the desk there wasn't any problems.

That's classified.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Helpful...

Oh, and my wife nicks the keyboard and runs off with it when I've been on too long....
    Do you run after her? lol

See if the connection still stops if you have a line of sight to the dongle and away from the EM generating stuff as the other guys said.

ATX Mental Case

Thanks for the advice guys...I do have an lcd flatscreen monitor but maybe it is too close to one of the speakers. On the other hand, Bluetooth might be the way to go...Crimson, or anyone else, have a recommendation on a good setup i could purchase?