Thread: Mod Design?

Default Mod Design?

this is one of my hardest thaings deciding what i want my case to look like if i want liquid cooling or not if anyone could share some ideas with me i would really appreciate it

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

Default Re: Mod Design?

Well first off you should figure out your budget because that will dictate a lot of what you can and cannot do. An advantage to a low budget is it'll force you to use your imagination and come up with new inexpensive ways to accomplish what you what. Also you need to now what your skill level is currently at. If you're new to modding keep it simple at first and try something easy or maybe just a little above your skill level so it'll provide a bit of a challenge for you. You also need to consider what type of tools you can or where you can get access to some of the more expensive ones, like a work shop or friends. If you just want to play around with some design ideas and don't really want to get your hands dirty yet you could always download a #D program, SketchUP (free) http://sketchup.google.com/download.html, and play around in there. Well that's by 2 cents, hope this helps a little.
    *****COMMON SENSE AIN'T COMMON*****

If you're a n00b (no offence, I am too), then start with summat simple.

Liiiike..... maybe a paint job, some lighting and a window cut.

Then go onto the more involved stuff like bondo work and chopping your case around big style.

Unless of course you have a definite idea of what you want, but judging by your post, you dont....

Welcome dude ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by skateordie View Post
    this is one of my hardest thaings deciding what i want my case to look like if i want liquid cooling or not if anyone could share some ideas with me i would really appreciate it
    First thing you should do is use punctuation. Second thing you should do is give us a little bio about yourself. What do you like? What are your 'favorites'? Once we know that, then maybe we can help you find a theme for a mod.

lol the only time i do that is for english

i like basketball
    baseball
    football
    cars
    and of course all shooter games for pc and xbox 360

Austral Alien

Quote Originally Posted by skateordie View Post
    this is one of my hardest thaings deciding what i want my case to look like if i want liquid cooling or not
    What difference would having liquid cooling make to what you want your case will look like?

From the interests you have mentioned, perhaps a sports themed mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

I always like car themed cases. What is your favorite car? What is your absolute favorite sport team? How about favorite FPS?

I've liked mods based on classic car colour schemes...

Like perhaps the Shelby blue and white stripes from the Cobra with maybe a Shelby badge or etching and stuff.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    What difference would having liquid cooling make to what you want your case will look like?

From the interests you have mentioned, perhaps a sports themed mod?
    Perhaps he's looking to mod the reservoirs/radiator on the outside of the case.

And since cars have been mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if that is gonna be the case. Make the reservoirs look like some Nitrous Oxide tanks, and maybe an actual radiator.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream