Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the movie 300-awesome or not?

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: the movie 300-awesome or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    If you're into watching sweaty, muscular, frighteningly hairless men grunting and holding their swords this movie is for you. I for one, am not.
    That is something that really disturbed me. WHERE IS ALL OF THEIR HAIR?? Is it that their muscles are so big that hair can't grow? Or maybe Spartan men were metrosexuals??

I told my best friend that I didn't like the move A WHOLE lot. He almost pulled over to push me out. lol

Anyone heard of the crazy 300 work out? I saw a video clip of it, kind of reminds me of something you would see at a strong man competition.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Fresh Paint

*shrugs* I always considered the naval battle at Salamis to be part of the last stand at Thermopylae. In those days, word travelling as slow as it did, I tend to lump any connected battles together, even if a month passes between them

With the liberties they took with the death of Leonidis, and the contributions of the other greek soldiers, AND the deformed Gollum-like betrayer, I would rather have seen the naval battle over the love scenes.

In those times, what's a month?

Again, just my opinion, in a vain attempt to make peace between history and Hollywood.

As far as the hairlessness? How in HELL was the studio going to get our wives/girlfriends to go willingly with us to see a movie of this sort?

FILL THE BATTLE SCENES WITH MUSCULER, HAIRLESS, HUNKS OF BEEFCAKE!

Life is like an analogy...

artistic liberties aside, i would say the movie was really good. i havent confirmed this yet, but my friend looked up thermopylae and found that people, places, events, and even statements were all accurate. the part where leonidas says he cant bow before xerxes because of a cramp in his leg... that apparently happened in real life.

my favorite part was the beginning phalanx. if they had more of that instead of breaking formation eventually and turning it into a brawl... well that would have been super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

300 is about as historicaly accurate as Ice Age 2: The Meltdown was to prehistory.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

300 is about as historicaly accurate as Ice Age 2: The Meltdown was to prehistory.
    That's an exaggeration. The Graphic Novel "300" was actually based off of the events that took place at the battle of Thermopolae, with a very slight twist put on them.

Anywho, don't go to the movies for a history lesson. That should be obvious =/

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Yeah. Ok. slight twist. Time for you to shut off the PC and back slowly away...
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Yeah. Ok. slight twist. Time for you to shut off the PC and back slowly away...
    We all know that everything is a slight twist, Crimson. That's how we can make things sound modest.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Overclocked

i thaught it was sweet. i would see it again definitly. that and children of men were the best movies i have seen in like 5 years

It was a great movie. period.

when you say they were hairless men, were you expecting hairy guys?
    i certainly wouldnt want to see that
    "We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."
    -Daft Punk