Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Worlds Biggest Subwoofer

Default Re: Worlds Biggest Subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by AJ@PR View Post
    Hey Lukifer,

Wanted to ask...
    Do you rip from CD?
    I'd guess the .wav in a CD is higher quality... right? wrong?
    Just curious.
    I do actually rip from my CDs to my hdd. I hate swapping out discs, which i do quite often, as very few of my CDs have songs that I like front to back.

Speaking of subwoofers, has anybody heard of the DeathBox?
    Here's Death Box II

And here's their House Wrecker

They have another huge box "Jensen-type".
    I got to build me some of those in the future.

What do you think about ^^^ those guys?
    Never heard of the company.. plus, I got out of big bass systems a couple years back. The biggest thing going when I quit was the DDAudio Beasts.. Digital Dynamics made some truly insane speakers. I had a car system with 2 Alpine Type R 12" subs, running from an MRV-T757 amp, and it was insane. You could hardly breathe in the car with the subs up.

I quickly got tired of the extra weight of the subs (yeah, I was a racer..) so I traded them out for a pair of RF HX2 8" subs. The HX2's were super high excursion 8's with big surrounds, and they were nearly as loud as the 12's, 1/4 the weight, but just couldnt play *quite* as deep. Oh well.. only had them for about 2 months, and the car got written off (was T-boned) on the drive home from work.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Akuji

Quote Originally Posted by Lukifer122 View Post
    I do actually rip from my CDs to my hdd. I hate swapping out discs, which i do quite often, as very few of my CDs have songs that I like front to back.

Never heard of the company.. plus, I got out of big bass systems a couple years back. The biggest thing going when I quit was the DDAudio Beasts.. Digital Dynamics made some truly insane speakers. I had a car system with 2 Alpine Type R 12" subs, running from an MRV-T757 amp, and it was insane. You could hardly breathe in the car with the subs up.

I quickly got tired of the extra weight of the subs (yeah, I was a racer..) so I traded them out for a pair of RF HX2 8" subs. The HX2's were super high excursion 8's with big surrounds, and they were nearly as loud as the 12's, 1/4 the weight, but just couldnt play *quite* as deep. Oh well.. only had them for about 2 months, and the car got written off (was T-boned) on the drive home from work.
    The Alpine's are sooo nice.

kinda off topic but what kind of car?

1990 Dodge Shadow ES. 2.5 Turbo, 4 dr, automatic. Hahahaha... paint was faded and peeling, little rust spots, etc.

I got the car for $1500, and immediately got to work on it.

K&N filter, advanced timing 2 degrees, cooler thermostat, new ECU, bleed valve (to fool the wastegate and run 14psi boost instead of stock 9psi), removed the cat, and put on some lighter wheels/tires.

Dyno showed 250hp at the wheels.. and I didnt even get into the internals on the motor! Sadly, I was struck broadside, and the car was totalled before I could get it to the shop to begin the internals.

I ended up selling the wreckage for $900 to someone who wanted the engine.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro