Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAQ's

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: FAQ's

Big orange headers sounds fine by me, but just be creative...

About the fonts, apparently Comic Sans is added to the list that was recently only occupied by Times New Roman... I can read Arial though, so knock yourself out.

Blast from the Past

Hey Dave, what does the Buddy list do for users?
    Is it just easier to PM them, like a contacts list, or...?

I knew the game was up when he played the Jack of Spades...

If i remember correctly, a little cross appears next to their name in the 'who's online' list. There's probably more to it but i don't know for sure...

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

In our profiles, why do we not have a gender option?

Seriously, we need one. lol I'm sick of people thinking that I'm a girl! lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    In our profiles, why do we not have a gender option?

Seriously, we need one. lol I'm sick of people thinking that I'm a girl! lol
    What do you mean your not?!

Only joking but the reason why there is no gender option is becuase it is not built into vBulletin but whether Dave can put one in is another story...

-gaz

We can add custom fields. But i honestly don't see the point. The only girls we've had around here were pretty reluctant to reveal this, and it's pretty clear why if you look at things like MDCS's and Amberella's threads. Everyone's like "Ooh, a girl modder! Your hot!" etc. etc. etc.

Personally, I don't think that gender really matters. If it's that important to you, put it in your sig.

-Dave

Rankenphile

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    We can add custom fields. But i honestly don't see the point. The only girls we've had around here were pretty reluctant to reveal this, and it's pretty clear why if you look at things like MDCS's and Amberella's threads. Everyone's like "Ooh, a girl modder! Your hot!" etc. etc. etc.

Personally, I don't think that gender really matters. If it's that important to you, put it in your sig.

-Dave
    this is why we will never have this field enabled if I have any say in the matter.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I haven't ever given a crap about gender... except in a few areas that don't apply to computers, lol. Hell, if you happen to be female and a modder, then that's great, if not, that's great too, who cares? Lol.

Oh, and you'd think more people here would be a bit more mature about statements that they make... but overall, you guys are great.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

lol

There, I have now updated my profile. For those of you who are still confused, feel free to take a gander!

Btw, I can see now why having a gender field would be a problem. It really is best if we don't have one. lol if only there weren't so many lonely perverted men on the internet...
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

if only there weren't so many lonely perverted men on the internet...
    I think we got most of em in here... :p Nah, i'm kidding.

-Dave