Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Infraction System, Probation and Bans - Q&A and Explanation

Rankenphile

Default Re: The Infraction System, Probation and Bans - Q&A and Explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcat View Post
    Personally I don't like it. I think it's too much.
    I liked it the OLD way... people came in, spoke their piece and we all got along, some people liked what you had to say, some didn't, and some people didn't care... we could even argue intelligently but we didn't step on toes, and we didn't point fingers, and we weren't @$$holes.

We are all (or mostly) grown ups of some flavor. If you can't get along then go. If somebody is screwing around, a nice message from a mod should clear their head, if someone is still a jerk then boot them.

We aren't in grade school where we need time outs and a written paper trail of referrals, detentions, etc... Hell, this isn't even a democracy. It is an OWNED website which should function the way the OWNER says it should.
    If people can't read over the last 3000 posts about whatever and figure out the right way to talk to people then they don't need to be here.
    I agree that we should all be civil and get along, and that everyone should know how to behave.

Unfortunately, that isn't always the case and measures like this are sometime necessary. Hopefully we won't ever have to use it, and options to remove users' ability to use the forums are always available if we need them, but this provides a clear-cut deferral and detention system for the moderators and administrators to utilize as they need, in addition to the usual avenues of approach.

I think that it's great. Not too harsh, not too lenient (sp?) And I also like the jailbar idea heh heh.
    RIP Bucko

The harshest infraction (3) is basically there to blast the damned spambots with a ban... (say that 5x fast?) The rest of the system is just a quick way to tell people when they get out of hand that we are serious about keeping it civil.

I really don't care if people argue about a topic until they are blue in the face; as long as it doesn't get stoked to a flame. Even then I'll just delete posts that are fanning it and see what happens from there. I'll admit I have an itchy delete finger sometimes, depending on my mood.

This is really a forward-looking system in place for when the site grows and changes.
    Last edited by Crimson Sky; 04-03-2007 at 06:25 PM.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I vote that one of the mods or admin sticky's this thread (or just the part describing the system) and/or puts it in the TBCS Handbook.

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Guys -

Trust me this system is here for good intentions and as long as everyone behaves in a good way as everyone does, no-one will have a problem. How do you not know that this system has been in place for the last six months but you guys did not realise.

Basiclly don't let it stay on your mind beacuse tommorow you will forget it is even there!

-gaz

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    I vote that one of the mods or admin sticky's this thread (or just the part describing the system) and/or puts it in the TBCS Handbook.
    There already is if you have a look

http://thebestcasescenario.com/forum...ead.php?t=7332

-gaz

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Gaz, I mainly meant the description of the discipline system, not just the FAQ thread.

This will go into the handbook once everyone's clear on what it is and when Rankenphile is happy that you guys understand his explanation.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Works for me... gives everyone a clear line on what's acceptable and what's gonna lead to a binning.

And love the bars idea......

Rankenphile

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    This will go into the handbook once everyone's clear on what it is and when Rankenphile is happy that you guys understand his explanation.

-Dave
    my thoughts as well.

Since this was a pretty important new change to the forums, I dropped it in the Chatterbox to make sure everyone saw it and had a chance to give their feedback.

I think everyone is pretty clear on it now, though.