Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Computer

azminisk8r

Default Re: New Computer

actually its more like every half hour, but im trying to fix it with a 1 GHZ OC

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

What you prolly should have done is put it together, not modded or screwed with anything, seen if it ran good, troubleshoot any problems, and then screwed around with it...

EDIT: Sorry, just wanted to make note that I don't want to sound harsh.

azminisk8r

yeah i woulda, but i would be so bored, all i do is oc and tweak

that sucked i had to learn how to flash a bios and recover from no bios cuz i stopped my pc in the middle of flashing. scared the **** outta me

Austral Alien

God I can't believe what I keep reading in here. It's like a train wreck, you just can't look away!

It is NOT good to have a system that crashes like that. Putting aside the damage to the hardware, Windows is an OS that does NOT like having improper shutdowns. It'll screw up the registry in no time.

Aside from all of that, do you really want it to crash mid game when you are playing?

*Bucko now understands the type of person which Mac's were made for*
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Yeah, Bucko, for health reasons you may wanna stop following this thread.
    Last thing I'll say azmin, take it easy on your PC.

azminisk8r

lol dont worrk the bios only got disentigrated one and windows only had to be reregistered once lol, but you'll be happy to know that im keeping a 3.375ghz speed with a max temp of 55 and idle 33. im gunna try and make it run cooler tommorow hopefully in about a week the as5 will be set up and drop 2* or so

Quote Originally Posted by azminisk8r View Post
    lol dont worrk the bios only got disentigrated one and windows only had to be reregistered once lol, but you'll be happy to know that im keeping a 3.375ghz speed with a max temp of 55 and idle 33. im gunna try and make it run cooler tommorow hopefully in about a week the as5 will be set up and drop 2* or so
    First of all, the registry is not when you activate Windows... That is the registration, and has nothing to do with the registry...

Second, for a C2D, those temps are high. Granted I'm only OC'd to 3.10Ghz, but I've _never_ gone past 40ºC. Load or idle. You may want to tune that down a little, or get more cooling, or something.
    RIP Bucko

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post

What you prolly should have done is put it together, not modded or screwed with anything, seen if it ran good, troubleshoot any problems, and then screwed around with it...

EDIT: Sorry, just wanted to make note that I don't want to sound harsh.
    Quote Originally Posted by azminisk8r View Post
    yeah i woulda, but i would be so bored, all i do is oc and tweak

that sucked i had to learn how to flash a bios and recover from no bios cuz i stopped my pc in the middle of flashing. scared the **** outta me
    Allright that has to be the worst excuse I have heard for stupidity. No offense but you really though that it would be a good idea to mess with something brand new before you even made sure it worked right.

You could have set up your system and got it working. And then you could have easily and safely messed with tweaking and overclocking.

It honestly sounds like you don't care if you blow up your computer. I think I could cook my lunch at some of those temperatures.

Seriously, what is the point of overclocking to that power if you can't use it because your computer keeps crashing. You risk all of you hardware to make it super powerful and you can't even use it. I personally don't get the point of what you are doing. I ask you to please stop and think what you are doing before you mess with that thing again.

Why don't you stop bring everything down to stock performance levels get it to work right and then carefully you can return to overclocking.

Negative rep: Sorry I hate to do this but you need to wake up to reality.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

azminisk8r

uhm hello i told you IM TRYING TO FIX IT, everything needs time to be fixed, im just tweaking with it right now, cant beleive you gave me - rep for doing what i want with my computer, minus rep is for being a jackass on the forums, not because you like messing with your computer a little dangerously

Sorry, I was in a bad mood when I did that. Reputation points are up kinda up to the user who gives/takes them not the recipiant. I personally feel they are designed to let other users especially noobs figure out who gives good, sound, useful advice. I personally think that if you almost destroyed brand new equiptment with a slight bit of recklessness and impatiance than you might not be the best person to give advice to a total noob. I see way to much rep just given away because people like a particular mod rather than for people who help out the community by giving good advice or a how-to.

If you do a good job at fixing your problem I was planning on giving you the rep point back and maybe some extra rep as well.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy