Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Computer

azminisk8r

Default Re: New Computer

ah and thats the hard part lol, i think ill just not post it since i cant figure out what to do with the case except paint it

Austral Alien

Dave is right.

We are willing to help, but the way you are going about it is wrong.
    You may get offended with what I say, but I'll say it anyway.

Most of this thread seems to be you charging ahead without a clue to what you are doing. Things like system crashes every half hour and using sheets as filters and restricting air flow are really bad things. If your aren't sure about something, ask first (even if you are sure, you should probably ask anyway from what I've read so far). If you ask, we'll help.
    If you do it and then try and convince us it's a good idea, you'll get grilled.

You should just slow down, settle down and think about what you are posting.
    When you are having issues like that and then try and post advice in another thread that you are "getting 3.5Ghz on an overclock easy" when it just isn't true, you aren't helping your cause.
    Maybe you don't realise just how much money $2000 is. I'm sure your parents worked hard to buy you this computer, so treat it with respect as I'm sure they don't want to see it trashed because you are too impaitent and keep charging ahead without thought for what you are doing.
    I know I earn good money, but I still have to save hard for my new PC and when I get it I'll be making sure I do it right because I don't want to smeg anything up.

Some of the people here (myself included) have been playing with these strange boxes that beep and flash and give messages like "Abort, retry, fail?" for longer than you have been alive.
    While that doesn't mean we know everything, it does mean we may have seen some issues before. If you open your ears and slow down a bit you may actually pick up some knowledge and it will help you as you learn more yourself.

At the moment it just seems like you are coming across as a spoilt kid who thinks he knows it all.

So calm down, have a think and post some more and prove that it isn't the case and you are actually a reasonable person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

^^^Bucko pretty much sumarizes my point. I could say more but I am going to check myself.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

azminisk8r

1 not to be mean or anything 2grand is a lot, but my dad makes that much in a matter of hours, nothing to worry about. But you are right he definitely values this computer more than i do and i do plan on being less reckless.

2 the 8800 without shroud is working coler than with shroud.

3 no fan filters for me period im worikng out of case for now

Austral Alien

Did you find some GPU temperature reading software? What sort of difference in temperatures is there?

Just be careful when working out of the case as it's easy to short something or bump components and break them.

I'm impressed if your Dad earns that. On rough and simple calculations that is well over a million a year he makes.
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

azminisk8r

yeah raytheon, big missles, way up there in bosses and stuff

azminisk8r

lol i think someone only half read the thread gave - rep for not listenin to you guys which in the end i did, the end being now

okay newest overclock 1200 fsb 2700 mhz idle 29 load 40 stock volt

Austral Alien

Just a question I'm not sure if I saw the answer to, when you fitted the CPU heatsink, did you leave the computer running overnight or get the CPU hot for a while to set the thermal paste?

That temp you are getting is a lot more sensible. Form there I'd give it a stress test with Prime95, then wind it up a small amount and stress test again.
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

azminisk8r

prime95 wasnt working well on mine, compatibility wise, still using orthos, and doing a 10 minute test after each raise

newest fsb 1250 2812.5mhz 29 idle( reapplied as5 REALLY thin) load 44

Austral Alien

Most stress tests need longer than 10 minutes to ensure stability. Usually a minimum of 3-4 hours, preferably overnight to ensure there are no problems.
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello