Thread: Art

Overclocked

Default Art

Ok I am an artist and I want to practice my painting (more life like). But I don't know what to paint. I'm stuck in between these. My question is which one should I paint?
    The Girl and her Dreams
    A Sweeter Kind of Romance
    Lucidity In Vapor
    Ophelia Drowns
    Razorblade Addict

Here is my art. Just to show it off and why I need to improve.
    Best Painting...

Best Drawing...

Best Digital... Actually made into a sweet flash with moving bubbles and stuff.

Default Re: Art

the downing girl one

Water Cooled

paint what you like the most. but imo you should paint powerpuff girls and/or hello kitty making them life like

Anodized

All depends on what you'd like to learn to do paint accurately. I think that the drowning girl would be the most challenging, but, I've never been good with water.

Whichever you choose, it would be interesting to see a few in-progress shots as you work.

ATX Mental Case

If it is realism you are wanting to focus on, I think "A Sweeter Kind of Romance" will offer the most challenge for you. Faces and hands are notoriously difficult to render with the correct size and perspective. And that flower would be a challenge in realism as well. I think "Razorblade Addict" is the next hardest since eyes are probably the hardest body part to reproduce well. The rest are nice but have a lot of haze and distortion that takes away from the realism.
    The path to the good life is directly beneath you at this exact moment

Water Cooled

are you into design art? because im more of a fine art guy with pictures that mean something, and i assume copying these pics you dont want to say anything with them, just practice the technique.

Case Wizard

Alot of those looked like digially altered pics.
    Razorblade Addict - Bringing out the life in the eyes and making the hair more realistic would be a starting place for the painting. With the drawing the eyes have improved, I would say shadowing and keeping things flowing in the picture is needed (the dark shadow that covers half the face should also cover some of the hair, Its like the hair as its own light source).
    Digial art looks good (things that caught my eye right off - body parts don't look to be in the right spot (Her breast looks like a uniboob) the line should not flow from the neck right into the breast. I would lower the water level and have it end just before the top curve of the jar.

you have to remimber this is coming from someone that really doesn't like a lot of what he does himself but others that seen it tend to be supprized by it. Also I dont keep much around because I dont like it.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Frakk
    are you into design art? because im more of a fine art guy with pictures that mean something, and i assume copying these pics you dont want to say anything with them, just practice the technique.
    I liked these because they draw you in. When I look at them they make me think of something (like a story). I like the photography technices used as well. I like doing fine art more than design art. But I'm going to school for design art. However if I can ever paint very realisticly I will do fine art to make money on the side.

Thanks for the opinions. More are still needed though. I'm still not sure which one.

You dont need to be able to draw / paint realistically to have your art say something or bring up emotions in the viewer. Its all about putting you emotion on the canvas and allowing the viewer to see that.
    Or so my Year 8 art class tought me... lol... Seriously though, i love good art, and while i cant draw particularly well, i still do so as a release occasionally, getting my emotion onto paper.

Razorblade Addict
    Ophelia Drowns

Those are the ones id do if i liked to paint but im more of a pensil and paper kind a guy