Page 1 of 108 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Default TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

BLACKOUT

More to come,... soon to be complete.

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout" Updated--> 06/24/05

Ok,... I got my Criticool Waterplant reservoir. It's very cool looking, no doubt. I definately have plans for it. It comes with 4 ports, 2 of which I dont need,... but do There are 2 of which I don't need for circulation but I do need for my temperature probe and the othr I am going to use for an UV LED. The reservoir came with 3 1/2 OD fittings and 2 end caps to block off the 2 extra ports if not needed. Well,... the 2 end caps are actually perfect for the insertion of a dallas 1-wire temperarute probe and a 5mm LED! It's goign to lok so pro when it done. Here are some pictures of the reservoir,...

Here you can see some slight imperfections Not that bad though,... it will end up being covered up anyways.

Here is two shots of of where I might put the pumps and radiators,... I will probably put them just where they are seeing that space is limited. I kind of like where they are. I'll show you guyz what I have in mind for the reservoir placement later. Pictures,...

I got a sheet of UV green acrylic!!! Sweet! It got a 4' x 8' sheet too!

I went to Home Depot and bought alot of stuff needed for my project. I got a huge 3/4" x 4' x 8' partical board that I had then cut in half for me. I am going to use that for my work surface. I also got sheet metal that I will use for the radiator shroud and for covering up the mobo and the back of my drives. I got 1/4" acrylic for my windows too. I had or am having some trouble with getting clamps for my hoses. I found the clamps that have a small screw at the top but the rings are to small for the hoses. I want the small screws instead of the big ones. I found these 2 clamps at Home Depot that have the small screw with a big enough ring but thats all they had. I only found 3 at Loews. They said they dont know where I got them from, they can't find them. So,... I have 5 and need like 11 more Anyways,... I installed the blocks and the hoses to connect the three blocks to see how they would fit and to see how much room they would take up. They take up more room then I thought. I have a find another place to put my reservoir because of it. Not a problem though. Here are some pictures,...

Here are some more pictures of my progress,...

My work area,...

My work table. I made this table just for this project. See the 2 x 3's bolted to the underside of the table,... I'm going to bend some sheet metal over the table and those 2 x 3's and use that are for bending acrylic.

Side panel half taped off,...

Side panel ready for markings,...

Marked with rounded corners,...

My snack,...

Window cut out,...

Rounded corner,...

Some of the tape peeling up,... not good, but not a problem.

Panel ready for filing,...

I sandwiched the panel between some 2 x 8's to and some long clamps to get it to stand striaght up and to cut down on vibration while filing.

Here are some pictures right before I screwed up the 1/4" acrylic.

Hobbes,... I have the 1/4" bit too. The collar on the bit is to low from the the bit cuts. So, if I was to run the collar along the edge of the acrylic I'm cutting(which is actually what I want), it wont round the edge enough. I need to lower the bit a little more to get a good round edge but if I do that the collar wont be touching the edge of the acrylic I am cutting. Thats why I had ran the collar along the other window. Now,... because I had to run the collar on the other window I needed a small space between the two windows so that the bit didnt cut the window that the collar is running along. I got some 1/8", I'm just going ot use that instead. I think it will be better anyways.

Some progress!!! Thank you god!!! I finished the windows!!! But,... a problem with the tint arose. There are alot fo bubbles around the edges. It's from the acrylic being so flexible. What is happening is that the acrylic is bowing out where the bolts are holding to the windows up to the side panel. I tried loosening them a bit but no cigar. What I am going to do is buy some of the adhesive tint. That should solve my problem easily. Here are some pictures,...

My waiste Theres like 2 - 3 attempts in there. I was cutting the two windows together so for every one mistake there was two. Oh well.

The two completed windows,... I taped them together this time around. It worked VERY well.

Here's the side panel after center punching one of the marks where a bolt will be.

One of my lovely rounded corners,...

Another rounded corner,...

One of the side panels complete and ready for a window,...

Ok,... here they are,... drum roll!

With a little uv something inside. The uv stuff will be much brighter once I have all 100 uv LEDs installed. Right now I am using two little uv flashlights. the overall look of it though will be dimmed like this though. This is exactly what I want. It's so HOT!

So what do you guyz think so far?

Ok! NOW I FINISHED THE WINDOWS!!! I went back to my acrylic shop, E&T Plastics and bought see through smoke colored acrylic, basically,... tinted acrylic. It cost me $56 for a 4' x 8' sheet. I just got done a bit ago with them. They are flawless! No deformities what so ever! No bubbles and there never will be! I love this stuff! I am going to use some more of it to make my radiator housing so that it matches the case. I still have the UV green acrylic too that I am going to use. Here are some pictures,...

Here's one side with a uv green fan lit up inside,...

UV green fan up close,...

Same fan farther away,...

From the side you can see how dark it gets when there is hardly anything lit up inside.

Ther other side of the computer along with the other window,...

Through the window but out in the open,...

The other side of the window,...

Check Takealot Specials and Woolworths Specials.
    Last edited by DaveW; 11-21-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Ok,... here are some pictures. Not alot of progress because I spent alot of time trying to figure out how to build these housings. Well here are the pictures,...

Here are some pictures of the brackets I made and soldered to the radiators. Simple copper pipe that I had cut down to about a 1/4" each. Easy.

Here are the pictures of what is going to be my side panels for my radiator housings. I am using the scrap aluminum from when I cut out my windows for the case side panels. I taped them together so they could be cut together.

Heres a drawing I made to give you guyz an idea of what I am trying to accomplish with the radiator housings. IT is incomplete though. I left out the canopy that will protect the radiator cooling fins and hide them too. Maybe later I will make another drawing to show you what I mean.

Ok,... here are some more pictures. I jhust got down filing the radiator side panels. I still have to cut out windows for them.

Now check this out,... I was throwing around the idea of making the edges of all my side panels look like whats in the picture. They would all be jagged, serrated, and aluminum looking as in the picture except the edges for the side panels will be saned reall nice too. what do you think? Should I just leave the edges alone? I like it. I think it will clash nice with all the aluminum bolts that are holding up the windows.

Also,... I was going to name the case "Black Ice" but I decided not too, I think. I am not sure. So,... I need some suggestions for you guyz. I need something that is some what approriate to the cases design, even the case isnt done. But I am sure you guyz have a good idea of what it is goign to look like finished. So let me know and if I like it, I will use it! Post away,...