Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1074

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Argh,... want to finish this radiator tower before I have to go back to work.

Aug-31-2007

Bling,................... BLING!

The edges of the sides were polished too seeing that they will be very visible.

I did that with this buffing wheel I altered,.... It's very firm so it's ideal for polishing edges.

You guyz have no idea of how much of a pain in the arse it was to polish all that. No becaue it's a lot but because of the weird shapes. I destroyed the studio polishing those things. I have never seen this place so trashed in my time here! All of this black fuzzy soot everywhere!

So i clean the place up good. This is what I have now. I need to finish the windows now.

I even cleaned up the office / storage area too

Windows! Have to finish these,...

Bad pic but that edge has to go.
    Copyright.

HA HA HA,... your probably thinking,... what the hell are those! Well,.... as I was sanding the edges/corners of the OLD windows,... I managed to scratch the ****e out of them. I layed them directly on the table and you know whats next. they were just scratch,... there were gouges! I didnt feel like sanding them down and polishing them. so im making new ones.

This time I'm doing the corners and edging the right way

TA DAH! You do all the corners first and then,....

... do the edges.

Wham. Perfect. I still have to drill holes and polish the edges.

Look how nice. Just needs some light sanding and polishing.

Preview.

These little windows were not scratched but still,... I am making them again because the screw holes are a bit to close to the edge. Agreed?

Canopy. The canopy frame is polished on both sides Reason being because the towers main shell is polished. I dont want to reflecting the ugly underside of the canopy

Damn thats just to cool.

AUGUST IS OVER Time to go back to work. This means that I wont be spending as much time in the studio as I was this past month. Actually it might just be a bit slower in the studio then it was before I went on vacation. Reason being that I have to bust my arse to pay off my bills. I was presented with an oppertunity to help pay off my bills REALLY quick. Or atleast as a lot faster. I have to really bust my arse though. I will try and get as much time in the studio as possible. Blackout and is just about nearing completion, kinda. It's sure does feel like it! It's almost done. I want to get it done right away. But bills come first as you all know. I'm going to shower and go back to the studio to finish these windows OH! Remember the stock grills I was using for the fans? Not using those. I making my own to match the ones on the case. I have to do that too! Damn.
    Copyright.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Yeah your right, that does look cool. Windows look great as always and that polishing is fantastic, great job.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Bills suck, and so does work.
    But as long as you keep going and don't give up it'll all be good.
    And so far this thing is smokin'

Ok the radiator tower is alomst done. I just have a few more things to do.

Sep-01-2007

Putting it back together just to take the next few pics,...

Canopy,....

Made these as a temp solution.

They are going to help keep the post bolts errect. "UH Huh hu hu huuh,... he said errect"

The posts slide right over them. I had to loosen the a bit. I cant turn the bolts with the rounded nut wrenched on there. I have cheese head hex bolts coming in the mail. They will make installing the tower to the case a lot easier.

Eye candy,...

This tower is something else. First,... it's heavy! Holy hell its heavy. But,... i kinda like it It's like,... I cant explain it. I said this before,... its like heavy rock solid. You guyz would have to hold it to understand what I mean. Its like a unit. So cool. In the future though,... have to lighten thing up a bit. Might start working with 1/32" aluminum for shell and covers. Not sure. Anyways,... you see the tube panel flipped over? Well,... this is the side thats suppose to be facing out. I have to polish this side now. No big deal. Now,... what about dem grillz? They have to go right? I mean,... they look good as hell with the polished aluminum, but I made my own grillz elsewhere on the case. These dont fit in you know what I mean? So,...

Going to make new ones Kinda like this I jhave to make an acrylic spacer like I did for the others but,... im going to ask even though i'm sure I know what you all are going to say. I know what I want too. Should the acrylic spacer should be tinted or green? I used tinted for all the other grillz. I ask about the green because under the wheel I use green as spacers for the wheels remember? I'm thinking tinted. i plan on loading up the rad tower with green LEDs to give it some of the green that the case has. Yea. Im thinking tinted. What you about you?

These will be the grillz. Cut this from a panel of aluminum I got from a scrap yard. Seriously neeeds some sanding...

80 grit @ I believe 1560rpm.

Right after polishing with a buffing wheel,...

Right after polishing with a polishing pad thingy,...

So yea. Things I still have to do for this tower before its totally complete,... install LEDs, which will require some kind of acrylic mounting brackets or something. I have to make some kind of bracket to hold in place the chrome shower hose that will pass from the case to the rad tower. The shower hose will be used to pass wires to and from. And lastly,... I want to cut the hose barbs down just a bit and then install new hoses. After that I think thats it?!?!? Will be time to move on to something else. Either I'll continue working on the PSU after I buy more shower hose or,... I think I will design a custom blackout reservoir I know what I want too Anyways,... I have to friggin work tonight, EEEEWWWW. OH! Forgot to tell you guyz,... my car is F@#$ed! Car was knocking while driving. Took it to the machanic and he said its the tranny. 4th and 5th gear are done PLUS, both CV joints are shot, engine mounts and worn out, needs new exhaust,...I think thats it?!? The car is only worth like $500 in ok condition. So I am going to just donate it to charity or something. Im back to driving my gas guzzling pick-up truck. Life just keeps getting better and better Well atleast I get to sleep in my bed now. I slept in my bed like twice during august. I slept on the friggin floor of the studio for an entire month?!?!? Geeez.
    Copyright.

Now isn't that just the sex lol, fantastic job haha. Sucks about your car buddy, same thing happened to my mates.

Anodized

tinted!!

How much faster can you render the bsod? Ap1thy's Avatar

hah both cv joints nice... good thing it didnt just stop moving on ya then

<3 the case too

That's what happened to my friend, rear wheals locked up and he slid into a tree lol.

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

if its broke, mod it

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?