Page 104 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1074

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

I don't think there is anything i can say to describe how friggin awesome that is... ok well there's some words to describe it lol

Quote Originally Posted by tribaloverkill View Post
    ... The canopy frame is polished on both sides Reason being because the towers main shell is polished. I dont want to reflecting the ugly underside of the canopy
    amazing and inspiring work as always

Fresh Paint

This was the first weblog I ever subscribed to, like a year ago, can't wait to see it finished but kinda want it to go on forever too. I LOVE THIS MOD!

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

ARGH! Finally! UUUUUUUUUPDAAAAATE! This update is being dedicated to Teyber

Sep-03-2007

My rad tower grills.

Nice, STRAIGHT, grooves.

My aluminum is polished, taped, and as you can see I made my marks right on the tape. I then used a razor to cut away the tape exposing the areas that will be cut way with the scroll saw.

I used this Its square My aluminum sheets that im using for the grill are pretty damn square so I can use the edges to draw straight lines with the square.

I used a ruler to mark lines every 1/8".

I used these, a tack hammer and a center punch to punch little pits where I want to drill.

I punched as close as I could to the end so that when I drill,... the drill will cut out that end. I do this because it's one less end to cut out.

The drill bit shold only be a bit bigger then the blade your using. It really doesnt matter as long as the bit does not touch the tape! Your center puch might be off just enough so that when you drill,... it might touch the tape! DONT DO THIS! Use a bit thats big enough to just get the blade through.

You see how much slack I have just in case my punches are a bit off center?

Now its time to drill.

You see how I have that bit close to the edge like that? Thats so that theres more table around the hole your drilling. When you push down on the aluminum to drill it out,... it bows a bit. Drill like this helps prevent this. Bowing can lead to the bit walking the surface, crooked holes if you drilling through several thin sheets at once.

I have to make several holes so I want the bit very close to the aluminum so I dont have to pull down as much on the lever to make all these holes. It s quicker.

Done.

This is the other side of the aluminum. You need to file and sand this bur away before you continue to work with the aluminum. The aluminum does not sit flat on the table with this stuff on here like this.

A uni-bit. Going to use it to drill the larger holes for the tread-serts.

Same thing as the drill bit. You want it close to the edge so the aluminum is supported. Also,... with a uni-bit it helps to set the depth so you can drill to far. I have mine set at 7-32 for the serts.

All done. Time to cut but first,....

Yum.

Ok,... im going to time myself. I have to cut out 38, 3-3/4" x 1/8" grooves. 1:15am and I'm still workin!!!
    Copyright.

Done.

Now this is ideal.

I saved time but leaving these ends looking like this. Several seconds each groove. These little things I left behind file away faster then I can cut them away. Plus I have to file that end clean anyways.

You see how I did NOT touch the tape. In some places I left more aluminum and in others I just brushed right up against it but did not cut through it. It wasn't really rushing to do this. I think I may have been rushing a bit but I tried not to. I wanted to see how long it would typically take me.

Again,... this end is easy to file away.

So,... #1 took 42 minutes. Lets do #2 and compare.

Start time,... yes I took a small break. LOL. Was trying to drink my coffee before it got completely cold.

Done?!?!?

What a dirty mess.

The second one was faster? This is weird because I wasn't anywhere near rushing this time. My head was in the clouds actually. I was very comfortable cutting this panel while during the first one I was worried about the time. Didnt worry about the time for this one. So,... I saved a lot of time relaxing 1 hour and 19 minutes of total cut time.

Time to file.

Here's the backside. As you can see they are pretty straight

Ummm yea

These are the 3 files I use to make these grills. The thinnest one to get the second thinnest one in there. The largest to finalize the grooves. It's a finer cut and I use it to kind of make sure the grooves are all just about the same width.

Three different thicknesses.
    Copyright.

Almost done. I just got done filing with the tape side towards me. I removed everything I didnt cut away. I filed to the tape basically. This doesnt mean the grooves are perfectgly straight though. To make sure they are I will turn it around and file from the other side using the biggest file. The tape will hinder you from seeing certain things. You have to look at the actual aluminum to see if they are straight. Eyeball it.

This is complete. Just need to clean it up a bit.

Nice and perfectly straight

Nice but still not done Oh by the way,... filing takes a S@#$ A#% long time. So be prepared to duke it out.

Very nice. All the holes line up!

Heres both of them just about done.

Took a break and carved this into my table. LOL. I like it. Looks scary.

Before I round the edges of the grills I want to make these first. Done.

Sanded the edges round first. All I have to do if buff them out now. No need to wetsand. The buffer to eat all those scratches up quick. Even that slip of the razor you see there. Its not deep so it will come out quick.

Their all done.

FRIGGIN A MAN!!! WHAHOOOOOO!!!

Look at that! You cant see the fans! Thier right in front of us too! Their not covered!

Cool ehh?

I just got the hex bolts in the mail. So im goign to open it back up and install some LEDs and the hoses. I'll close it up and thats it! Time to move on to something else.
    Copyright.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

As in finished with the mod altogether? Wow... 104-105 pages, lol. Looks good though, I'll give it a more thorough look when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    As in finished with the mod altogether? Wow... 104-105 pages, lol. Looks good though, I'll give it a more thorough look when I get home.
    Nope,... just the Rad Tower my friend
    Copyright.

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

TO those look tons better than the ones before

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Oh, lol. Well, I guess there's another 45 pages at the least. :p

Cool mod though...