Page 106 of 108 FirstFirst ... 65696101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1074

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Quote Originally Posted by Greco101 View Post
    God damn, I haven't looked at this project in a while. Any idea about how much you have into this project so far? Hours? $ of Materials?
    I dont know how many hours,... how about years? Started this in Jan 2005. It really didnt take me that long though. I have been working on it on and off since then. I know there was a period of like 6 months a while ago that I didnt touch it. I just posted new stuff in LEVO.
    Copyright.

Greco101

Damn, that would have been some interesting information for the magazine I'm sure it will be in. Maybe on your next build, keep a log of everything? Beautiful so far man... can't wait to see it finished.

yeah... what are you gonna do with the case afterwards?
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Quote Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
    yeah... what are you gonna do with the case afterwards?
    I'm going to make appearances with it, enter it into contests,.... the whole nine yards. I bought all the shower hose I need for blackout I just got it in the mail the other day. 10 chrome shower hoses!!!
    Copyright.

nice... get going with them then! :p.. cant wait to se more updates!... this is godlike
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I want pics lol.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

I actually got a lot of stuff in the mail,... a load of stuff from acryan to try out and use. I still have more stuff I need from them. I got UV blue hose for blackout, aluminum rods, o-rings, copper rods, nylon rods, lathe bits, more acrylic rods and tubes,... whatelse? I cant remember. The hose.
    Copyright.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Sounds good, can't wait.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Welcome back! Time for some Blackout goodness,.... now, where was I?

Oct-08-2008

I was here! I left off here. Installing chrome shower hose wire sleeving. As you can see I got all new shower hose. I want my hoses to match. Stupid me forgot to buy new shower hose for the HDD enclosure. Damn. I'll have to buy some more. I'll buy from the same place. S@#$ better match. This stuff isnt cheap.

Here's the old hose where I left off. Have to remove them.

I have to dremel away the pins I used to fasten the hoses in place.

Thats was easy enough.

The bracket. I have to make another one of these for the HDD rack.

New hose, old hose. The new hose shrinks when its loose while the old hose expands. The new hose is nickel plated brass where the old hose is steel.

Have to cut all the new hoses in half.

Done. They are all about the same. Some of the hoses are expanding a little bit. Thats why they seem longer.

I drill holes in the ends fro the pins. Drill through this hose was easy seeing its brass.

Here are some pins I had left over from the last time. It's not enough though. I need more. I made these using the left over stem of a pop rivet.

I made them using this mold I made a while ago.

Pretty obvious how it works. I clamp it in the vise and smash away!

Put the stems in the mold. Make sure they are touching the bottom. Then you clip them like so,...

Like this. Make sure they are not to long. But not to short.

Then you smash them in. I wish it was as easy as smashing them in because you cant just smash em in. You have to kind of work them in. Hammering around the tip in circles. Moving is down into the mold. Just smashing it will make it bend over and be all sloppy.

Done.

Pins in hoses.

So cool. Better than tape or glue

I use this in the vise for,...

Copyright.

This. Now I just hammer in circles aroudn the tip until it forms a mushroom on top locking the hose in place.

Like so.

So damn cool.

So whats next? I would like to wire up the PSU but I have to ask. Whats a good PSU these days? For a really beefy computer? Assuming I was able to get some sponsors to donate the latest and greatest,... whats kind of PSU whould I have for all that? I want SLI and the whole nine yards. I have a OCZ 520w PSU right now. What do you think?

In the mean time I think I'll polish this out. It's time.

ZAP!

By far teh best polishing I have done yet. I used ONLY a 5" felt polishing disc on my drill press at 2100rpm with some high gloss polishing compound. I stop at 220grit sanding. Do you know that I was able to polish out 220 marks within seconds with this setup?!?! Seconds!! I could not believe how fast it was! Took no time whatsoever. And it by far did the best polishing I have ever done. I wont be using the table grinder anymore

Pump mounting arms. Just installing them for the hell of it. I need new pumps anyways.

Polished back panel.

Pump covers.

Together again. How sick is that!

Seeing that it took no time whatsoever to polish,... its time to repolish all the old stuff.

Blackout's end is near approaching. It's so close that I am not sure as to whether or not I should start seeking hardware. I dont want to get hardware to soon because around here,... s@#$ happens and I dont want to keep the sponsors waiting. Plus I have to figure out what I'm going to do with blackout. I want to keep it as my main processing station because I need a new computer with mucsle for all my pic, video, and 3D modeling. The pc im using now is crap. The thing is that I need to get this thing around so people can see it in person. the sponsors need their exposure. I think I will keep going without hardware for now. Keep doing as much as I can without it all. I still haver to make a reservoir for Blackout too. That I will not reveal until Blackout is completed. I will keep it covered so you cant see I have to buy more chrome shower hose, watercooling tube(I can probably get that for free), some micro tactile switches for teh VFD, LCD, and optical drives, I have to buy two new optical drives, I need metal chromed RCA plugs!?!? I think thats what I wanted to get. I will be using those for the LEDS. S@#$ I still need to make brackets to mount all the LEDS. Damn,... ok. I have a lot more to go. Till next time. Which will be soon. I am waiting for the heat shrink tubing to finish Borealis. I need it for Blackout too. Till next time. Peace.
    Copyright.