Page 11 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout" Updated--> 06/24/05

WHOA! What is this! Dude,... there is really no competition here. I am moddin a personal computer to meet my criteria of what I think a computer should look like or atleast this computer Crimson modded his to what he wanted end of story We have to different styles of modding as one fo you already mentioned. But,... then again, I might be going to MML next year and if I was to submit my PC in the contest wouldnt that be competing ?

ok. let's just get back to the mod. ok?
    "Hey look, the topic!! It's getting away! Quick catch it! *running* Must *running more* get on *panting* TOP...IC!!!! *collapses* "-Temmink
    Intel Q9450 @ 3.2GHz
    Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi
    OCZ Platinum PC3-12800 1600Mhz XTC 4Gb 7-7-7-24
    2 x Powercolor HD4870 512Mb in Crossfire
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme with Noctua 120mm 1300RPM Pressure Optimised Fan
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/ SP1

Yea. I am going to try and do some work today. I have alot of stuf I have to do for mother first. If i can get it done fast enough I might have some time to do some more work on it.

Ok,... I got my pics uploaded!!! Here we go! This is for Jul-01-2005,...

Here are the 5.25 bay covers all finished. They are not really finshed becuase I have to add buttons and stuff to one and RCA jacks to the other. Plus they need a clear coat. They are done for now.

Making spacers to hold the panels upagainst the 5.25 bay.

Heres the LED cover mounted and ready to go.

Here's the VFD cover mounted and ready to go.

Another shot of the LED cover because I think it looks nice!

Ok,... here is for Jul-02-2005!

Here you have two pieces of aluminum that had one edge each filed straight. They were filed separately. Notice how flush they are when brought together? Isn't that cool?

Same two pieces with the edges separateed a bit.

Those two pieces of aluminum put side by side long ways to form what will be a front panel for my pc. The touching edges have yet to be filed straight.

Heres the top panel although not done in place. It's behind the case's aluminum because the tinted face panel will be ontop of the cases aluminum. Both panels will be bolted together sandwiching the case.

Here's a close up.

Those two pieces with those two touching edges filed straight.

Just got done jigsawing the bottom panel! LET ME SEE YOUR HORNS!!! YEA!

This is Sponge Bob Square Pants IN THE WAY OF MY CAMERA!! SPONGE BOB! MOVE!

THANK YOU! Moving on,... this is what sponge bob ever so happily covered with his yellow spongy body. It's the top and bottom panel just after jigsawing.

Close up.

FILED AND FITTED BABY! Yea! Look how sexy!!

Another close up!

Look how flush,... OH MY.

Plans for the LCD,...

CUT, FILED, AND FITTED!!! Damn thats hot! What a pain in the ARSE to get in though!!! It's like a chinese puzzle to get in!! It took me a good 20 minuted to figure how to get it in, seriously.

There really isn't anything else I can do right now except drill holes to mount them. I have to figure out what swtiches and stuff I will have on the panels first before I cut, obviously. I guess I'll make the front face panel then I guess? till then,... PEACE! OH! The DVD face plates are coming off. The DVD drives are actually going to be stealthed.

Some hungarian website called www.radikalmod.hu wrote an artical about my litte project here. It was my gurlfriend that actually found it. I was surprised when she told me she had found something about me over on some hungarian site. Anyways,... I requested a translated version of it and this is what the person had sent me,...

Here's the link,...
    http://www.radikalmod.hu/index.php?p=2&st=0&y=142

Here's the email,...

Az els* amit el szeretnék mondani Tribaloverkill modjáról az, hogy még nincs teljesen készen. A srácra a GruntwillE egyik worklog fórumán bukkantunk, s egyet mindenképp meg kell el kell ismerni: a srác nagyon tehetséges!

>The first, what I want to say abaut Tribaloverkills mod, it`s, that it is not finished jet. We find the guy in one of the worklog forums on GruntwillE, and I must admit one thing: he is very talented!

Annak ellenére, hogy a komplett ház még nem készült el Tribal munkája igen érdekes! A worklog nagyon pontos, sok képpel ellátott. A srác egy Lian-Li házat alakít át, Danger Den vízh*téssel megspékelve. A radiátorokat pedig nem a ház oldalán, hanem a tetején helyezte el, méghozzá egy tetszet*s burkolatban.

>Even so, the complete case is not finished jet Tibal`s work is very interesting! The worklog is exact, with many pictures. He is modifying a Lian-Li case, whit a Danger Den water cooling. And the radiators are placed not on the side of the PC case, but on the top, in a well looking casing.

forrás: GruntvillE
    A munkanapló bevezet minket munkájának minden mozzanatába, a sorokat olvasva tanúi lehetünk, hogyan módosul a terv az els* skicct*l a tökéletes végcélig. Mint már említettem a napló meglehet*sen pontos. Átfogó betekintést nyerünk a fémmegmunkálástól kezdve, a fúráson át, a végs* polírozásig minden egyes munkaállomásról. Tribal saját bevallása szerint ez els* nagyobb PC modja, és mindent a saját b*rén próbál ki. A fórum tetemes oldalszáma ellenére is (vagy pont az végett) ajánlott olvasmány mindenkinek akit csak egy kicsit is érdekel a számítógépe moddolása!

>The worklog guiding us in every aspect of his work, reading his words we can see how is the plan evolving, from the first drawing to the perfect endproduct. As I mentioned the log is very exact. We gain a general know-how how to do metalwork, drill, up to polishing, every state of the work. Tribal`s says on his own admission, that this is his firs grate PC mod, and he is try everything on his own. In the face of the huge number of pages (or accordingly for that) it is a referenced reading for everyone who is just a little interested in modding his/her PC.

Na de most a már kész munkáról is ejtsünk pár szót! A burkolat maga egy alumínium doboz, mely minden oldalról sötétített plexivel van takarva. A „doboz” két sorosan kapcsolt radiátort rejt, melyeket 4 ventilátor h*t le. Az egész burkolat szintén alumíniumból készült lábakon áll, valamint fele olyan magas Al lábak tartják a fed*lapot is a radik felett. A leírásból kiderül, hogy burkolat belülr*l zöld UV fénnyel lesz megvilágítva, s így fogunk tudni gyönyörködni a radiátorok és ventilátorok együttesén.

>And now some words about the jet finished work! The casing is an aluminum case, that is covered from every side whit dark plexiglas. The “box” is hiding two serial attached radiators, they are cooled whit 4 ventilators. The whole case is standing on aluminum foots, and have as tolls foots holding the covering above the radis. From the writings comes out, that the case will have green UV inside, so we may enjoy the aggregation of the radis and ventis.

Ez a mod jelenlegi állása. Viszont biztosra vesszem, hogy Tribal még sok meglepetéssel fog szolgálni számunkra. Azt hiszem mindannyiunk nevében mondhatom, hogy gratulálunk neki az eddigi teljesítményéhez, s várjuk az újabb fejleményeket!

>This is the current state of the mod. But I`m sure that Tribal will have many surprises for us. I think we can congratulate him for his performance, and we awaiting the new ones!

Kapcsolódó link:
    A GruntvillE fórumján Tribaloverkill worklog-ja

"Hey look, the topic!! It's getting away! Quick catch it! *running* Must *running more* get on *panting* TOP...IC!!!! *collapses* "-Temmink
    Intel Q9450 @ 3.2GHz
    Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi
    OCZ Platinum PC3-12800 1600Mhz XTC 4Gb 7-7-7-24
    2 x Powercolor HD4870 512Mb in Crossfire
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme with Noctua 120mm 1300RPM Pressure Optimised Fan
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/ SP1

Ok,... today I figure something out that I have been ponder about for some time. I show you what I am talking about in a minute. I got 25 new pictures!!! I can't believe how far I have come with this project! Sadly I am almost done Almost I still have alot to do but from what I started with I feel like I am almost done. Anyways,... to the pics!

I have the sides case taped off here because I am getting ready to drill the mounting holes. Notice how this portion of the case has a ton of holes already there. If my marks dont land directly in the center of one of the holes that are already there this could be a problem when drilling. When I go to drill the drill bit is going to slide into the the hole instead of drilling where I want it to drill.

As you can see the marks are offset from the holes that are already there. I need a way to keep the drill bit on the mark as oppose to jumping into the holes.

This is what I came up with. I took a scrap piece of aluminum and drilled a hole using the very drill bit I will be using to drill the holes in there case. I clamp the scrap piece to the case so that the hole is directly over the mark. Then I drill. The scrap piece will keep the drill bit from jumping into the hole.

Directly over the hole,...

Drilled.

Heres one that looks neat. The mark was pretty much in one of the holes that was already there but slightly off.

Here another that doesnt look so good. That thats because the mark was directly in the center and when I drill though it cut away most the the metal around the hole. I ended up removing the remaining metal around the holes because it was thin and pointless.

Here I am making the very front panel out of the tinted acrylic. I have already at this point drilled the mounting holes in the aluminum front panels. I didnt take pictures because I forgot too! I'm only human!!! Anyways,... I am using the smae method I used to cut all of the other acrylic. It works so well. It only took me 10 minutes to cut this thing!

Aligning the router fence using a flat squared edge.

All done and prefectly sized.

Now,... this is what I was pondering for the longest time. I wanted to know how I would cut out the openings for the optical drives, the LCD, and possibly some switches and other stuff. I figured this out when I found out that I needed to cut a little notch out for the front USBs, audio jacks, whatever. Basically,... I wanted rounded corners. So, I cut this ruler up along with a strip of aluminum. The rulers are the fences and the two plain strips are the spacers. The pictures will tell all,...

I tape the fences to the spacers,...

Like so,...

Then I tape them to the acrylic,...

I make sure they are lined up with the lines perfectly!

It's stuck on there good.

I run it through the router and this is what I get!

How friggin cool is that!

It's perfect!

Fits perfectly!

Heres the front panel bolted down! Notcie the cases side panel is on too. See thow the bolts line up!

close up.

Another shot of the notch once bolted down.

See the aluminum panels on installed too. They are sandwiching the case.

Thats a good days work. Now,... It's almost time for the UV green. I am going to make smaller UV panels that will go ontop of the tinted acrylic in front of each optical drive, the LCD, and the switches. I was thinking that instead of putting the UV panels ontop of the tinted panel that I would put them behind it inbetween the aluminum and the tinted. I think that would look hot! I would need some way of fastening them though. I could either glue them to the tinted panel and how the glue does distort the look to much. I dont think you will be able to see the glued areas all the much seeing that its kinda dark. But you might when the UV is lit up. Or I could use the tiny bolts I got already that I plan on using to hold the UV panels up ontop of the tinted panel. It would be the same except the UV panels would be behind the tinted. So from the very front you would see the tinted panels and the larger bolts on the side holding up the tinted panel and the smaller bolts more in the middle of the tinted panel holding up the UV panels behind the tinted panel. Got me? Let me know what you think about that. BYE!

Not really an update but I did take a few pics of the optical drives in place with their faces off. I am trying to plan my next move.