Page 14 of 108 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout" Updated--> 06/24/05

Quote Originally Posted by Xbrid
    why did u paint the screen??? now u wont be able to see anything on it???
    LOL, have some coffee

FINALLY! It took me almost a whole day to make these stupid little tray panels!!! They are finished so I am happy. Pics,...

Here's is the template I made.

Here is how I rounded the corners. I think it belongs to a toilet.

I cut the first two. I only cut by two because when you cut by anything more it becomes inaccurate atleast when the pieces are this small.

All the panels cut and ready to be drilled.

First panel in place.

Heres the front of the tray. I cut the notches you see.

These panels are removable baby! Hell yea!

Theres a small square of foam inbetween the acrylic and the face of the drive tray. This is to help keep the acrylic vertical because the original face is slightly round.

Both panels finished.

Let me know what you think! I dont know how I will light up these panels yet but I will let you know when I do. Also,... if a cdrom should get stuck inside the devises I will have to remove the devise to unlock the trays.

WOW thats looking good keep it up man

those trays are looking excellent---why not plot out and drill a 1/16th inch hole for the emergency release mechanism---it wont detract from the look at all

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    those trays are looking excellent---why not plot out and drill a 1/16th inch hole for the emergency release mechanism---it wont detract from the look at all
    Thats true,... but how often do you actually use that emergency release? I never had to use it. I figured that if I ever had to use it, removing 4 little screws wouldnt bother me all that much. Crimson, I'M YOUR GREATEST FAN! LOL. I had to get that out. I love your work bro. You have some true talent.

Overclocked

Gotta tell you i look all over the net at case mods and i must say you hit top3 on my list( i cant choose which i like best between my top 3). But anyways you do some high quality work and i cant believe you dont have much experience in the areas you're modding such as metal and acrylic work.

Where do you get your acrylic cuz a 4 x 8 sheet of the tinted acrylic at the place that i just bought some from, it was 150$ and i believe you said you got it for 60$ could be mistaken though.

Also I know i saw the bit you used in these pictures for the router but for the life of me i cant find it again. Me and my dad are building a computer desk for me (huge its the main feature of my room) and the top is acrylic and were hacing trouble cutting it so i was curious what type of bit you used to do you're nice cuts.

**sorry for any mis-spellings etc i dont really want to re-read this or put it through a spell check.

Hey, Thanks for the compliments and dont worry about the spelling, I mistype all the time. I did get the tinted acylic for $60. I got it at this place called E&T plastics in mount laurel new jersey. Look up E7T plastics online, they have a site. The two bits I use for the router is a rounded bit and a straight edge bit. Both are carbide bits. That is a must. Even though its plastic,... it dulls regualr bits fast! I got them from a home depot. You can get them at a lowes or some equivalent. Get one with a ball bearing collar and use it! It works great! Setup a straight edge as I did in my work log and just run the bit down it. Work everytime! Go here for some pics,... this is my main log. http://www.gruntville.com/phpBB2/vie...=asc&start=420

Oh,... if you do it with the rulers,... dont use painted ruller as the paint comes off on the router bit and the surface of the ruler becomes even and rough.

Overclocked

I didnt get a chance to tell my dad what to get b4 he did i told him waht the bit looked like by memory last night and luckily he gota perfect match carbide and everything. We allready did test cuts and i feel it was rather amazing. i might use rulers when it comes time for my case mod(but right now the table is about 2 feet and maye a lil larger and its a corner desk so in all its 4 feet wide and 8 feet long which means were doing fencing) . i actually just recieved the styrene plastic im going to be giving a try. lots of curves on my pc mod minimal acrylic use if any. But anyways thanks, and i hope you dont mind but i might come back to you for a lil more help later.

Quote Originally Posted by sXenoG
    I didnt get a chance to tell my dad what to get b4 he did i told him waht the bit looked like by memory last night and luckily he gota perfect match carbide and everything. We allready did test cuts and i feel it was rather amazing. i might use rulers when it comes time for my case mod(but right now the table is about 2 feet and maye a lil larger and its a corner desk so in all its 4 feet wide and 8 feet long which means were doing fencing) . i actually just recieved the styrene plastic im going to be giving a try. lots of curves on my pc mod minimal acrylic use if any. But anyways thanks, and i hope you dont mind but i might come back to you for a lil more help later.
    You do that I dont mind helping. Becarful with fencing,... I had no luck with it. I think it's my router table that gave me the trouble. I couldnt cut straight perfect lines with it. Thats why I went with the ruler method. Anyways, good luck with it.