Page 15 of 108 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout" Updated--> 06/24/05

A small meaning less update.
    I had to do something about these foam pads. As you can see by the pictures, they weren't really doing a good job.

Mainly because of this. I cut it this big so that the panel could be adjusted to fit the hole in the front panel. I need sosething to cover it up a bit but still be able to adjust. What could I make?!?!?!?!?

I could make these!!! ARent they AMAZING!!! SHOCK ANS AWE BABY!

This is how they work. Esy. I stagger the foam and the plates like this to keep the panel vertical. I do this because the old face panel is roundand the new panel tilts on it.

Also,... check this out. I rounded the edges a bit with a razor blade. I scraped the edges round I didnt cut them. When cutting acrylic, your not really "cutting" or you don't want to "cut", you want to scrape to cut. "Cutting" leads to breaking. remeber that. It's important. Anyways,... I rounded the edges as I said I was going to do so you can see a glowing edge around the whole panel while staring at the front of it. I also saned it a bit too because the scraping left some nice clear scrapes which you could see when it was lit up. That being because the light was passing through the clear areas as oppose to being diffused like the last of the ares. It looks a hell of alot better in person and behind the tinted acrylic.

Next year I will be going to MML with this case,... you all need to come out and see her in person

Quote Originally Posted by Draeth
    Damn dude! Let me know when you stop being awesome so others can take a turn

When you said you scraped it off do you mean perpendicular to the acrylic or almost parallel like shaving?
    Ok,... you take a razor blade and you hold the blade against the edge of the acrylic so that the blade is vertical or perpendicular to the edge. With a little bit a pressure pushing down on the blade run it across the edge. You should see a string of acrylic come off as you do it. Once down sand it down to give that diffused look

Overclocked

Looking absolutely wonderful if you ask me. AS IM SURE you have heard many many times by now through your project really like your idea using ur hobby knife to do the edge.

Oh man no updates on this for a while. I really want to see how this project turns out.

Yea,... I know. I just got off of vacation. On the last day of my vacation I crashed my bike at the virginia international raceway. I was hit by another rider and was thrown off my bike at about 60 - 70mph. So,... I was banged up, a bit. Plus I got use to sleeping nights, I work night shift. So when I get home from work, instead of working on the puter I was going to bed. I was tired as hell. I started working on it the last couple of days. Havent really got anything done, just planning and figuring things out. Right now I am trying to figure out where I am going to put everything instead. It's tight! Two days at this and I just figured it out. It going to be a sweet setup. Just wait. I have two ports at the top of the reservoir which is mounted up higher then the rest of the WCing stuff(except rads). One is for filling and the other is for escaping air. You open both and fill. IT makes filling faster and a bit neater. My filling ports are bit bit smaller then usual so thats why I through in the air port. You dont need to open the case at all to drain/ fill this machine. all ports are excessible from the outside. I am not using danger dens fill ports either. I made my own I have a "T" which is going to be located at lowest point of the WCing loop. The drain port will be located in the back of the case, somewhere. All you need to do and put the case at the edge of a table and open the port. Just catch everything in a bowl. Easy as that. It's hot. I have so much to do. I am trying to get as much done as possible. Certain things have to be done at certain times. This is why I am jumping around from task to task. I have some pictures of what I started but I am not going to post them until this task is done and that is mounting the reservoir, pumps, installing the ports and tubes. Crazy thing is that once I am done with this I have to take it all out again. LOL. Sucks but doesnt. Anyways,... I'm tired going to bed. Peace.

Oh and I am in the process of redoingthe panels for the trays. I'm doing it the right way now. You'll see what I have done once I have pics of the work. Bye.

ATX Mental Case

oh the suspense is killing me!

Overclocked

Sorry to hear about the bike spill whats killing you most, the gettin beat up or the loss of your new bike (assuming its the new one). Glad to hear you're back to working on the case tho, have beenw ondering where youve been

Yeah man sorry to hear about your spill. Glad your everything is alright though. I can't wait for the new updates. I feel like I am having withdraw from this mod you where updating so much at one point!

Quote Originally Posted by sXenoG
    Sorry to hear about the bike spill whats killing you most, the gettin beat up or the loss of your new bike (assuming its the new one). Glad to hear you're back to working on the case tho, have beenw ondering where youve been
    HA HA HA, I still have my bike. Theres only minor damage to the bike. Thats crazy because the crash should of demolished the bike. I'll show you some pics later. I also have an update! You guyz are going to love this! I'll post it in a little bit, have to take my gurl bowling Peace!