Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout" Updated--> 06/24/05

Here are some new pictures,...

A diagram I had drawn to help figure out how to bend 1/8" aluminum. After each bend I gain 1/16". I need to subract it from everything after each bend.

Here's the free aluminum cut to size,... Thanks Chris

Here are the bends I made,... the bends are dead on but the dimensions are off.

Here you can see that I'm about an 1/8" off.

But here you can see the bends are right on,...

It works! About time too! Check it out,...

Heres a shot of my bending rig that I just got done assembling today. I thought this up last night at work and then went shopping as soon as I got off, LOL.

You probably already know how I do it just from looking at these pics. Now,... these vise are somewhat,... crappy. They are ok but the pipe vise on these vises are crooked. I tried filing them straight but they are just way to crooked. Maybe I should of spent the extra $30 each and got the best model they had,......... NAH. So, instead of using the pipe vise portion of the vises,... I just rest the pipes where you see them now. They line up straight when clamped and I cant complain about that.

Heres a shot of a scrap piece clamped and already bent. I didnt use any heat.

Heres a side shot,... see the right angel aluminum? Thats how I know where the pipe is going to bend the aluminum.

Another shot from under,...

See the bend line,... the bend starts right after that line! Not a 16th or an 8th before and after, RIGHT AFTER.

Another shot of that bend line,... also you might be able to see where the pipe actaully squished the aluminum to much. I have to ease off the vise a bit.

Here you can see the radius line and the right angle that gets lined up with it.

So far it works very well. There is one thing I have to take care of and that would be to add a stopper or something to keep the work under the pipe from moving back while pulling forward to make the bend. No biggie. Tell me what you think.

OH MY GOD I FINISHED THE PRCATICE SHELL!!! IT'S PERFECT TOO!!! Look,...

This is after the first bend,...

Setting up for the second mark for the second bend,...

Clamped and ready to get bent

Bent,...

ALL FINSHED!!! Look how good it came out!!! SWEET!

I am now ready for the real aluminum. I am not going to to start that today and maybe not tomorrow either,... I have lots of drinking and clubbin to do alcoholic:. Till then!

The first housing shell is bent!!! Oh yea! Tell me what you think!

I have 3 sheets total that can be used to make these housing shells. I am making these shells slightly smaller then the side panels so that I can sand down the side panels flush with the shell. I think I will bend all 3 of them and then pick out the 2 best shells. This shell is about 97% accurate. While bending,... one side of each bend was slightly off. I dont know why. I had to pound those sides into shape. I am thinking that maybe it my bending pipes. I am going to get new ones before I start the other 2 shells. Anyways,... it's all good!

Just got finished with the second shell,...

My new bending bars,...

Cleaning up the edges trying to make sure I dont file to much in one spot. I need the edge as straight as possible.

Clamped and ready for the first bend.

After the the first bend,...

The second shell along with teh first shell.

The second shell is I think slightly larger, I think. The shells have no form so it hard to tell. But I do know there is a slight difference bewteen the two. Thats ok though seeing that I am not trying to split hairs here. The one thing that I might have to do is make new sie panels for these shells. I should of made the shells first and then made the side panels after. It would of been easier that way plus the side panels could be filed down to fit the shells perfectly. I think the side panels I have now are a tiny bit to small. Like I said before I think. Its hard to tell but I am pushing more towards YES, they are a bit to small. I have to make a third shell now. I want to see how that one comes out. The second shell was alot easier to make this time. I didnt have any problems with any sides of the bends having a slight bow to them. So I think the second one is more accurate, I think. Once I have the third made I will choose from the three the two I will use.

Ok,... I finished the third shell and here is what I got,...

Heres one side of shells 2 and 3 side by side,... you see how perfect they fit together. Thats what I am looking for.

Here the other side of 2 and 3.

Here are some aerial shot of 2 and 3. You see how they fit together? they look like one big shell.

Now heres shell 1 with shell 3,... explains itself. I knew shell 1 was messed up from the begining. I think it was because of the bending pipes.

Anyways,... I have to clean up these shells, trim the slack off that is. Then after that it will be time to make the new side panels. Till then,... OH and gruntman,... thanks for making me a sticky. Never been a sticky before *FEELS SPECIAL :=: *

Today was very repetitious But it all paid off Check it out,...

Here I am marking and cutting off my brackets,... 16 total

All of the brackets ready for drilling,...

Center punch for accuracy

Brackets installed to side panel,...

But,... it's kind of snug

I have to drill out the bolt holes a bit so I can adjust the brackets just a bit to relieve the shell. Just a bit though, the shell has to be forced into this position because right now it's slightly bowed from bending. My brackets are off by a hair. In the morning when I get home from work I will fix that and start the other panel. So far so good.

More pics and progress!!! I have to go to bed now but as soon as I get to work I will type out some comments.

Drilling holes through a side panel with a bracket.

Cutting off bolt slack,... just thought of something,... I still have to install a window for each side panel. Those bolts are going to be to short now, crap.

Housings almost complete.

My new fans. These suckers are nasty!

More pics,... and a VIDEO! I made a quick video of all 6 of my YS-Tech fans running. Pretty loud. Anyways,... today I got alot down but not,... I had cut out the holes for the radiators, what a pain.

The video.
    http://images.gruntville.com/casegal..._Tech_Fans.wmv

I did some work today even though Im suppose to be spending time with my gurl,... shes sick though so she dont care. I got the radiators mounted inside the housings. Here are the pics,...