Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout" Updated--> 06/24/05

I am so close to finishing these housings!!! I finished one of the bottom panels and it looks nice. I am almost done with the other bottom panel.

Fitted, ready to be bolted,...

Bolted.

Ok,... so I wasn't able to get the fans installed today. I forgot how much of a pain in the @#$ cutting holes in aluminum is, took a bit longer then I wanted. I'll finish it in the morning. Here are my daily pics,...

LOL! I love this picture!!! So funny!

Marking my bottom panels for fan placements,... or the holes. I used my old compass with and exacto kinfe

HOLE SAW! HOLE SAW! HOLE SAW!

I have shinny aluminum boobies.

One method of cutting out the holes,...

Another method,...

I also tried cutting out a hole as one piece using the dremel. I thought it would be easier. It wasn't. Cutting out holes suck. Oh well.

I got the fans installed and ready to go. I have to go to home depot to get some more bolts. I am most likely going to get the hex bolts but for now I am going to use these,... they are more like tools then just bolts. Anyways,.... some pics to get you through your day

Now it's time to grind down the side panels flush! I cant wait but at the same time I dont want to! I am tired of filing

Some more pictures,...

Going to Home Depot.

Took a picture of this dork wearing dirty unfashionable overalls,... I think he was going ot Home Depot

Ok, we're here,...

Got my modding coffee.

Got my package today with some small computer stuff inside.

I ordered some more uv red sleeving today and instead I got red sleeving. Now,... the thing is that the last order of uv red I got this other stuff that looks very orange. I know that uv red is a cross between orange and red but this stuf looks orange to me. What do you guyz think? I am goign to to send back all of it and they will send back 40' of UV RED.

After I got the fans installed I wasnt able to do anymore work on the project so thats why there are no project pics. Tomorrow morning I will start on grinding away the side panels and even cut out the windows for those side panels. Anyways,... till then. OH check this out,... my gurl said something funny the other day. She is looking to get a desk for herself. Now we live together in her parents housse. Space is very limited. Out of frustration she asked me "why do we have to have two computers?". LOL!!! I was like,... "what are you asking me? I dont understand your question?" She's like "why can't we just have one computer and just share.". I was like "WHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!" Do you think I should tell her now or later that I will be building another low end computer right after this one? LOL. I love my gurl.

Geeez,... I dont feel like I got anything done today. I woke up kinda late, 10am, an then I had to run some errands but still,... I got several hours in and I was only able to grind down the side panels for one housing. I still haev to hand file that housing to its finish for sanding. I originally was goign to use a hand grinder for the whole thing until I realized that it would take foooooor everrrrr. So I broke out the jig saw and started cutting off as much as possible and then grinding the rest. Well,... tomorrow moring I am goign to start the other housing and hopefully I will get the hand file some. Here are the daily pics,...

Huuuuuuuuuh,... back in the garage.

Breaking out the big guns today. This tool freaks me out!

After some grinding and jig sawing,...

Some more grinding and jig sawing,...

More,...

Finished,... grinding and jig sawing. Time for the good old flat bastard :shock:

Do you guyz know of anyone on this site that works on thier project everyday other then me?

YO YO YO,... check it out.

I did some coarse buffing to get out some of the tool marks but I have some more to go. Once I am done with the coarse buffing I will cut out the windows for each housing.

I'M BACK!!! All you people need to come back and read my log I have pics!!!

I found these copper elbows at Home Depot. I am going to use these to connect the rads together inside the enclosure.

They aren't all that restrictive.

The one side of the elbow will slide right into the rads. The other side is stretched so the 1/2 barb won't fit very well. It'll be very loose. So, I will screw/ solder this other piece in the photo, into the elbow and then the 1/2 barb will screw right into that. I will probably solder the barb too. Dont want to take any chances.

All the aluminum I got within the last couple of days. The 9" cut stuff is from my friend. The two other big sheets I got for $16 from a scrap yard.

My Sponge Bob ball.

Here I started. I am filing down this piece down to size. This is going to be the main shell.

I am filing my marks in half, literally. It has to be perfect.

All done. Thats long as hell. I got this piece from my friend. I offer him cash but he wouldn't take it. What a good guy.

The piece is 8 1/16 from one end to the other. Perfect.

Here's my PSONE LCD Can't wait

Tomorrow morning I will start bending the main shell. Check back.

Going to have a romantic dinner with this beautiful women.

She is waiting for me to put the D@#$ camera down.

I won these when we went bowling tonight I love sponge bob, sponge bob loves me

Ok,... have some pics for you guyz. I'm not done with today, I'm just on break I even made a video of me bending a corner. I thought you guyz would want to see how I do it through video.

Here I marked two lines on both sides of the sheet that run the length of it. The outer most lines are where the bolts are going to be. The inner most is the cutout lines for the rads. I did this to assure that when I go to cut and drill later that everything will be straight and EVEN.

As you can see the rad overlaps the two inner lines, this is good seeing that you won't see the edge of the rads on the other side. You have to be careful not to cover up to much of the rads seeing that it will restrict air flow.

Here I marked my first bend and clamped what is now angled steelto the sheet. Last time I used 1/8" aluminum and they bent a bit. This time I dont have to worry about that. I used larger clamps too.

Here you can see the steel right ontop of the line, no more no less.

Locked and ready to go!

A quick undershot.

My foot. This is how I bend the aluminum.

Bent.

Nice perfect bend.

See the lines as they wrap around. They are still straight

Here's the video I made to give you guyz a better idea of how I do this.
    http://images.gruntville.com/casegal...ngAluminum.wmv

A little OT kitty love.

Ok,... here's what I got done today.

Now thats perfection

Check out how close the width and length are to the case. It's goign to to look like an extension of the case.

What do you guyz think about the lower profile or height? I cut the height down by an inch. I made that last two 4.5" for a reason. The reason being to help rid of the fans center dead spot. The extra room between the rads and the fans allowed for a little bit of turbulance(sp?) to help get air to the entire rad surface. But I didnt think it would be all that noticeable if I knocked out an inch. There about a half inch bewteen the fans now. Let me know what you think. This is probably it for the day seeing I have to go get my gurl from work now and then I will probably spend some time with her. So tomorrow morning this will continue. Till then,... night.