Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout" Updated--> 06/24/05

OHHH YEA! Check it out!

Here I center punched where Im going to drill out the enclosure. I used the same bolt pattern of the case windows.

Heres the front panel punches. They are closer togther because the low profile height.

Grinding away the edges of the brackets with a belt sander. I grinded all of them together so they are all the same.

Here you can see the results. Very nice.

All the brackets ready to be drilled.

The top of the enclosure with the top brackets installed. I got rid of four bolts total off the top with this bolt pattern. Not as many this time around

The underside of the enclosure.

The top of the enclosure up against a window. See the bolts and how they line up?

Bottom brackets installed

The side looking in.

The bottom of the enclosure.

Still have to install the front and rear brackets.

THE MONEY SHOT! Look how sexy that is!!! The bolts line up perfectly!

I told you guyz I would make you a prefect case if I started over and so far,... so good This thing is going to to look SICK!

I am so tired, you have no idea. I have only been getting about an hour of sleep everyday. This is also my second time typing this out because the site asked me to log in after clicking the submit button to post and it lost everything. Anyways,... sorry I didn't post my pics earlier. I was way to tired. I'm going to do it now.

Here, the front and rear brackets are installed.

I'm trying to figure out where the radiator cut outs are going to be. I just cant cut them anywhere because I have to make sure the fans will be directly below and easy to remove. Can't really explain right now but when the time comes I will enlighten you.

:shock:

The cut outs are finished. I even cut away teh slack a the bottom of the shell where the bottom fan panels are going to be.

Another shot.

Now,... tomorrow I am going to make some side panels. Maybe the bttom fans panels too if I have time. Originally I was goign to have one big fan panel but then realized how big and flimsy it would be. It would bend out of shape with very little effort. So I think i will make two fan panels and a third little panel for the hoses to pass through. Let me ask you guyz something. If I was to make a couple of single rad enclosures,... how much do you think I could sell them for?

Ok,... I replaced one fo the brackets and still hve to cut out another side panel. No biggie. I also figured out how to mark the holes on the other side of the brackets for mounting the side panels. Check the pics,...

The enclosure almost done. I took it apart to work on it today.

I marked out two side panel to be cut. Huh?!?!

LOL, you da man Sponge Bob

I bought this the other day too. I got it for a 100 beans. A router table with a router This will help with cutting the acrylic panels. Sponge bob stop humping the router,... :roll:.

Cutting the side panels out.

HEY! Your getting kind of close that line bro!

"WHAT??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Side panels cut and sanded down. This was the aluminum I got fromthe scrap yard. I had to sand the corrosion off.

I used this blade to line up the brackets on the scored lines. Notice one side is flat and the other side is sharpened. This is to make sure the brackets are right over the line

Here is the template I am using to mark the holes on the other side of the brackets. These holes are to mount the side panels. These hole have to be perfect.

Ok,... I just got home and I'm about to go and install my moms new bathroom stuff. I'm taking my gurl along with me for an extra pair of hands. I am going to ask my gurl once done if I can have some time in the garage. IfI do I will post as usual. You think she'll let me? Before I go I'll leave this with you guyz,...

I got this balloon from work last night. I saw it in one of the nurses station and had to have it

Also,... I told you guyz I was cutting wood a couple of days ago,... well some of the wood was rotted out. I found these nasty lil S@#$% inside. Cool. I ended up cutting one in half and the head off the other :-=-:. There heads are hard!

I just got done installing the side panels. Here are some pics for you guyz. I am going to start on the bottom panels.

Ok, here's the deal,...

Remember this? You see how I cut the ends of the shell? I cut everything away except for the tabs for the bolts. I didnt want to do that this time. I just wanted a nice flat edged panel. Well,... I did that for a reason.

This is the reason. You see how the fan overlaps the shell. I need to get around that without having to cut that portion of the shell. I probably see myslef cutting away at the shell but not as much as before. Have to think. I'll figure it out at work. In the morning I will start making the bottom panels. Till then.

Ok,... here are the pics I took earlier,...

Here are my notches. I slanted the edges so they didnt look so hard on the eyes.

Much better then having the corners squared off.

I drew out on a sheet of aluminum the panels I needed from the bottom of the enclosure.

Just got done jig sawing the panels out.

First panel filed down to size. Funny thing is that I thought my notches were cut perfectly and my panels were cut and filed perfectly but when I went to slide it into place it was off. The only thing that was dead on was the width of the panel. The one side of the case fits the panel pretty damn good though. I just thought that it wouldnt matter what side the panel was on. Dont know whats off. Weird. It might be a little bit of both adding up to a total off, you know? Good enough though

See it fits pretty good. I actually want to file it down so there is tiny gap all the way around so the panel will fall right out when unbolted.

Fans fit nicely.

Ok,... here are the pics for yesterday and today.

Here are all the bottom panels I finished cutting yesterday. They are pretty much perfect. There are like two slanted corners that have a little gap but I dont care.

This is my new and effective way of drilling fan holes. Depending on the size of the hole saw, I center punch all the way around the hole and then hole saw them, easy

Works good so far

Hole sawing complete. Commence jig sawing.

Jig sawing complete. Commence filing and sanding.

Filing and sanding complete. HOW HOT IS THAT! this desrves a Paris Hilton, "That's HOT."!

Now I have a busy weekend. I might be able to do some more work but if not then monday will be the next day. That day i will bolt the bottom panels and then cut the windows. Let me know what you think.

BIG UPDATE! Today I got alot of work done! Very happy with the progress that was made today. The enclosure is almost done. Look,...

Here I just got done drilling the holes to mount the fans.

Cutting out the corner of a window. Such technique .

Done jig sawing out the windows.

Just got donw filing the windows out.

Installed.

Oh yea.

Check out them curves.

Ontop of the case.

So sexy.

Perfect.

Yummy.

So what do you think? Well,... I was doing some thinking and thought that instead of polishing it out that I would sand it done to a coarse but not so coarse finish and leave it that way. I did that for my last computer and it actually looked nice. Let me see if I can dig up an old photo of it,...

Progress and pics. I started sanding today and realized that I didnt mount the radiators! Can you believe that? Oh well,... now I know what I am doing tomorrow::

Side panels filed flush to the shell.

I sanded, using a circluar sander, out all the marks. It lefted a coarse finish.

Heres the finish I want. I only did one piece to see what it looks like. It s a difused looked. I think it will make the tinted black look real nice.

Thought I would share this with you guyz,... I was cutting wood after working on the project and I hit this one log with one hit and it split in half and this is what i found. The coolest thing I have ever seen.