OMG! This thing is still going!:O:O wow! i will be watching

Yo! Where you been?
    Copyright.

Fresh Paint

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout" Updated--> 06/24/05

up 3d

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

I am almost finished! Thank GAWD!!! Some pics,...

Moved pretty much all my stuff over from the other shop. Cant believe how much crap I had!

My machine bench thingy,...

I made shelf to hold the machines I dont use.

I have my vise bolted to the table.

I built and acrylic rack that can carry 4'x4' sheets. Prevents then from bending.

Some organized thingies. My rad box up top.

All my computer hardware in the bins.

I am thinking today I can get started on blackout! I just have to do some unpacking.
    Copyright.

D'Oh

niiice... the garage looks pretty different now... impressing. not only are u a great modder, but also pretty tidy and well equipped... blackout will be trully a feature itself

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Case Wizard

/me puts on the night vision goggles

oohhhh Nice

Fresh Paint

up thread

Ok,... so I had plans to work on blackout the other day. I did not get the chance because I realized that the sockets in the garage dont have ground plug holes. So I had to fix/ rewire the garage a bit. By time I got to work on blackout it was all late. Even though I replaced all the sockets it wouldnt have mattered anyways because I was not prepared to work on blackout meaning I didnt plan enough. I had drawn out plans for the shields but I did nothing for the shield walls or mounts. I have to make those first I I know how big to make the HDD shields. If make the HDD shields first and say they are to small or even to big,... I wont be able to mount them. The walls hardly have any room for adjustment so I couldnt move them around to make the slightly off HDD shields fit so they have to be dead on. Now,... I have to temporarily have to remove the HDD racks to mount the walls. Not a problem. One thing that is troubling me is how to mount the shields to the walls. The width of the HDD shields have to be a 1/2" smaller then the length between the walls so aluminum spacers can be used. The question is,... do I want to be able to easily remove the shields? It's not like there is anything behind these shields that I need to access regularly, just HDDs. So I am thinking no. I also have to make the wall furtherest up front an 80mm fan shroud too. So that means I will need a shield or shields for it too. I need an 80mm fan. I have to find one of buy one. I am hoping by time my shift here at work is done that I will have answers for everything. I am brainstorming like crazy right now. I swear my head is smokin,... I am going to get something done tomorrow regardless. I'll start the pump shields if I dont have the HDD stuff figured out. Sorry.
    Copyright.

Ok,... here are some better somewhat final shots of the shop. Also,... I have pics of the pump and HDD shields to be. Also,... last night I think I figured out hwo I will mount the HDD shields and work the fan in there to cool off the HDDs. Check it out,...

Put away them nightvision goggles boys,... we have light!

Ok,... break out the nightvision goggles,... we've lost the light, again. Amazing how quickly it gets dark. I would of used the flash but the battery was low and I woldnt be able to finish taking pics. So I broke out my trusty old mag light

Still have some unpacking to do but that can wait(which means it will never get done).

The last thing I was doing.

Here are the new designs I plan on making for the pump and HDD shields.

Here's how I think I will mount. If it works,... the shields can be swung down to gain access even though it doesnt matter. This way I get to use some more support brackets The pic shows 3 I think I am only going to use 2. I think. Not sure. I have to figure out what I am goign to do with the rear shields. I know they are going to be flat because thats all that will fit back there. Well see. So you think it's a go? I think so. Its going to look sick! I have to figure out what to do for the PSU too. Going to the shop now. I'll have more pics by the end of the day. Peace.
    Copyright.

Rankenphile

Sick, dude.

Simply sick.

So yea,... the HDD shields won't work at all!!! Can you believe that! Check it out,... something, told me to put the drives in the rack today and then fit the shield. Well,.. I did that and learn that the hoses cant make the bend. They will end up all over the acrylic window. This is a bad thing but a god thing too. A bad thing because this means I am being set back a bit further seeing that I have to most likely relocate the HDDs. A good thing because it will solve my PSU shield problem. The PSU shield problem I was having was that I did think the HDD shields and the PSU shield would look good side by side seeing the PSU is wider and therefore the shields wouldnt line up right. It was eating at me and I didnt even make it so I knew that I would have to do something else. Check the pics,....

First,... the pumps. I figured something out today with the pumps that would make the shields look alot better. The one thing I didnt like about the pump shields, the new one that is,... that it look high up off the pump. I know the pump sides would help it out but still,... not alot. So I came up with this,... basically, the pump tower would be deeper and the portion of the pump passing through the tower wouldnt stick out as much. By alot actually. The shields wouldn't look as tall. Now the overall depth(from the mobo tray to the very tip of the suction barb) is still the same, I am just substituting. I know exactly how I plan on mounting the pump and everything. It very easy.

Now,... as for the HDDs, I am going to make my own HDD rack that will hold 6 HDDs with a little bit more then 1/4" spacing inbetween. The rack will have a dual 80mm fan shroud built on. The rack will be hung from the underside of the 5.25 bay. I am going to either cut away the rest of that second floor or just replace it with another piece of aluminum.

I am most likely going to clean this thing up,... it's ugly. I dont like it. I am going to use it to mount a button panel or something of that nature. I might make my own and just replace it. We'll see.

Mom and the baby. She dont know I took her pic, LOL. So cute. Anyways,...

The cases structural integrity will be comprised once I cut away the rest of that floor. This only means I will have to support the case with my own brackets or something. It's going to look cool but I didnt expect to cut this case up this much, LOL.
    Copyright.