Page 47 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout" Updated--> 06/24/05

Ok,... an update! A real one! I mean I actually got work done today! LOL. Check it out,...

Ok,... this is what I am kind of shooting for,... not exactly but in general.

Gutted out the case big time. Soon,... it's no longer going to be a Lian-Li case. It's going to be a TRIBALOVERKILL case,... which is better. I could of made this case easily. It would of saved me a load of time if I made it myself. I wouldnt have to ponder how to mod something to work,... I could just have made it work from the begining. This is probably going to be the last case and only case I will buy. I'm just going to make my own from now on

I had to take apart the front of the case to get the front fan shroud out. It's cool how they put this thing together. The outter shell is basically two pieces. You have to compress the case pushing on the top back and lower front to get the pieces to let go of each other. Very cool. This is the new rivet I installed. The original ws flat so I am going to show you a tip on how to flatten them without scratching the case,........ all that much.

Tape.

File,.... lightly.

Done. I could of filed it flatter but I didnt care. It's flat enough.

Here I am making the bottom piece for the 5.25" bay. I could of just trimmed th eold one down but I didnt want to do that. This way it will look very fit for it's job. I'm bneding here,... obviously.

I am bending on some tough @#$ 1/8 aircraft aluminum. See the line I scratched into the piece I'm bending,... I lined it up with the very edge of the aircraft aluminum. If I had my bending brake it would be SOOOOO much easier :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:.

Perfect! Let me tell you,... the dimensions of this piece is so accurate that I swear I was sitting there just looking at it feeling it,... it was so perfect. I did it with a file! LOL. No CNC machines,... a file. LOL. GAWD. Next time I am going to take pictures to show you. It's amazing. Oh,... did I mention that this is my second attempt at this piece today? LOL. I F'ed up the first one by cutting it to short. LOL. I was tired and hungry,... wasnt thinking :lol:.

Oh check out my handsome little brother, LOL. I had too. Even sponge bob wanted a piece of this! ZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzZZZzzzz,..... dude he is out!!!

Pretty much done. I have to figure out a way of mouting the HDDs. I will most likely make a rack or something that will bolt to this panel.

HDDs,... I plan on getting,... 4 more 200gb sata's.

The new tower I am going to design is going to be taller so that it reaches from the floor of the case to the ceiling. It will help hold down the mobo tray and give it a somewhat uneven and off look which is going to look good.

Going to do some more work early in morning tomorrow for a couple of hours. Sunday I wont be abel to do any work on it because I will be doing some OT. If I am not tired on monday I will continue.
    Copyright.

Quote Originally Posted by tribaloverkill
    Yo! Where you been?
    Boarding school but now i am back (sorta)
    "Hey look, the topic!! It's getting away! Quick catch it! *running* Must *running more* get on *panting* TOP...IC!!!! *collapses* "-Temmink
    Intel Q9450 @ 3.2GHz
    Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi
    OCZ Platinum PC3-12800 1600Mhz XTC 4Gb 7-7-7-24
    2 x Powercolor HD4870 512Mb in Crossfire
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme with Noctua 120mm 1300RPM Pressure Optimised Fan
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/ SP1

Quote Originally Posted by Xbrid
    Boarding school but now i am back (sorta)
    Oh,... well good to have you back dude!!!
    Copyright.

Anodized

man i just wanna say you got some killer krafting tallent. im in the process of doing a complete remake of my system (i accidentally started it in the project galleries. im going to move it to the worklogs soon but you can see it here reviving a klunker ) but most of the stuff im trying to do im still sitting here racking my brain on how to do it. and that curve when you bent the acrylic is just flawless. i had a prefab bandpass box with curved plexiglass (audiobahn) and it looked like crap compaired to your bend. well thats my 2 cents. keep up that damn good work!
    Type-R 580W watt psu
    XP2800+ Barton @ 2.26 ghz
    512 MB DDR 333 (PC 2700)
    MSI K7N2 Delta2-LSR Socket A
    MSI Geforce 6600GT 570/1.04
    Maxtor 40GB 7200 RPM ATA133
    Maxtor 160GB 7200 RPM ATA133
    Cheap DVD & Cheaper Cdrom
    External LG DVDRW

Quick update,... I didnt get anything major done today just alot of thinking. I took some pics so you guyz can get an idea of what I am trying to accomplish. Check em out,...

Finished trimming down the 5.25" bay bottom panel. Sexy.

Here's what I am trying to accomplish. Theres only one HDD in the pic, theres going to be 6.

Going to install a 120mm fan to the bottom panel here.

The fan in the pic above will be bolted to the bottom panel of the 5.25" bay. I thinking about making these bands(2 of them) that will wrap all the way around the HDDs. The HDDs will be bolted the the bands. The band will be bolted to the bottom panel. The 120mm fan thats going under the HDDs will be bolted to the bands. The shields wil be bolted to the bands too. The HDDs will be a pain to get in and out buts thats ok for this computer atleast. I dont think I will go this route just yet. I want to think up another way then choose.
    Copyright.

HDD RACK MOCK UP COMPLETE!!! Well,... I didn't make the whole thing, just the top. But hte bottom is pretty much going to be the same and the side are easy to picture. Here it is,...

Drawn out and ready to be cut.

Friggin mouse trap. Theres this mouse that ran across the garage door twice already. Once,... ok. Twice,.... I dont think so. The last thing I need is him showing up scaring me while cutting something,... might cut a fingre off or something. If something is going to be cut off it's his head. Yah,... I put cheeeese on the trap I dont even really think they prefer cheese, peanut butter is better but didnt have any. Oh well.

Mock up cut out. This is pretty close to what its really going to look like. I have to tweak it a bit though. Im thinking that I am going to have two front shields instead of one big one. This would mean there would need to be some sort of brace between drives 3 and 4. Also,... I just learned that I can open up the grooves for between the drives a bit more.

This will be folded aluminum that will be drilled and tapped just like what I did for the PSU. I need a tap and die kit I cant do it the sme way I did the PSu because this brackets is goign to be hung and the bolt will be removed several times so I need good strong treads.

This right here is a rivet hole. These 1/2" bands will be riveted to these tabs holding the top and the bottom of the rack together. The side shields will be bolted to these bands too using the folded/ drilled/ tapped aluminum method.

This is how its going to be hung from the bottom panel of the 5.25" bay. It's offset because I wanted this rack to be even with the case. The bottom panel was cut to contour the VFD cover and the LED cover.

A small gap between the two. Have to make rom the the fan bolts.

HDDs in place, bolted down. Here you can see the quick 1/2" bands I made. There folded tabs are not shown.

Here the space between the drives,... as you can see I can open up the grooves in the rack up by another 1.8" or so.

Tomorrow I will be wokring on the puter all day. I should have it completely finished by tomorrow and should be able to start something else. Oh and I will keep you updated on my furry little friend.

*Note: Bring a mop and bucket so sponge bob can clean up all the mousey blood.
    Copyright.

Quote Originally Posted by xavier2010
    man i just wanna say you got some killer krafting tallent. im in the process of doing a complete remake of my system (i accidentally started it in the project galleries. im going to move it to the worklogs soon but you can see it here reviving a klunker ) but most of the stuff im trying to do im still sitting here racking my brain on how to do it. and that curve when you bent the acrylic is just flawless. i had a prefab bandpass box with curved plexiglass (audiobahn) and it looked like crap compaired to your bend. well thats my 2 cents. keep up that damn good work!
    Thanks dude! Good luck with your puter! Remember,... if you dont like it, dont settle for it.
    Copyright.

Anodized

On your mouse problem! They dont really like cheese. if you dont have peanut butter try wrapping cotton (like a cotton ball or something like that) around the trap lever. they like that kind of stuff to make their nests. what I do to trap them quickly is rub the lever with peanut butter and then wrap with cotten. I did that trick in a house they were really comming in and filled all the traps in one night!

Quote Originally Posted by lorddarkwolf
    On your mouse problem! They dont really like cheese. if you dont have peanut butter try wrapping cotton (like a cotton ball or something like that) around the trap lever. they like that kind of stuff to make their nests. what I do to trap them quickly is rub the lever with peanut butter and then wrap with cotten. I did that trick in a house they were really comming in and filled all the traps in one night!
    Yeah,... I figured that seeing I havent caough the lil s@#$ yet. I have to do what you said. Makes sense. I'll let you know tomorrow
    Copyright.

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by lorddarkwolf
    or, you could just plug it into your computer lol

keep up the fantastic work fella.... im still following with baited breath.