Page 55 of 108 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065105 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout" Updated--> 06/24/05

Quote Originally Posted by Moddabe
    I would offer some type of kit, I mean it takes a really organized person too know exactly what measurements he's gonna need and all the parts for it. It would be much easier if you made some minimal like hard drive rack kit, or just offered ideas on how to use your parts to make certain case mods for at least the novice modders like myself. That's just my two cents.
    Oh yea,... this is our goal. To make products that are rather simple but still cool the way they are. Reason being,... it leaves room for the person who bought it to mod it to their liking. Then there are other products that are maxed out with detail that look amazing. I want to provide a little bit of everything for everyone.
    Copyright.

Fresh Paint

Sounds GREAT dude would you do shipping over seas? Little old Australia is at a loss to other countries and their modding fanatics...

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by tribaloverkill
    Haven;t though to dep abuot pricing yet. I'll worry about it later but the idea is to make sure its cheaper then the other suppliers. Offer welding? I will be welding,... what do you mean by offering welding? Customs welds? If so I dont think so because remember I have to design and create. I cant get caught up doing a ton of custom work for sale. But you never know though. One step at a time.
    yea, the welding would be like, lets say, once in a blue moon someone would have a design that had two pieces of angle metal as the system's main support and they did not want a large bulky bolt connection. so in that case the design would require the strength and low profile of a weld. so what i was going for was more of a 'two or three basic/square pieces welded together to form a simple frame shape' rather than uber custom cutouts and shapes and what not. :p you'd be welding all day if people came to you with custom cutouts and shapes lol :p
    where are you?

fact: different = abnormal
    observation: everyone is different, therefore everyone is abnormal
    conclusion: there is no normal, express yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Greddy
    Sounds GREAT dude would you do shipping over seas? Little old Australia is at a loss to other countries and their modding fanatics...
    Dont quite know yet. To early.
    Copyright.

ATX Mental Case

What heppened to Project Blackout????

Blackout is still in effect. I'm just trying to get this damn reservoir done As soon as I am done with this reservoir I am goignt o put several days into blackout. Blackout is going to be worked on alot more then what I use to do. No worries there. I just wan tot finish this one reservoir so I have something complete you know? Very soon.
    Copyright.

High-tech Redneck crazybillybob's Avatar

Tribal,
    I've got some Acrylic needs that I'd order from you (what the heck am I going to do with 6 feet of 3"OD 1/4 wall tube?)

Keep up the Great work man!

Crazybillybob

Case Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by crazybillybob
    Tribal,
    I've got some Acrylic needs that I'd order from you (what the heck am I going to do with 6 feet of 3"OD 1/4 wall tube?)
    Make R2D2 a man..

I have the same thoughts .. I did find a place that sells 2" OD 1/8 buy the foot.

Would either like to see Tribal get started so we can help him out a bit.

Ok,... here's my update for the 13th.

Dec-13-2005

Heres the crazing I was telling you about,...

Here a practice run with the new glue,... no crazing.
    Heres the crazing I wa telling you about,...

Going to be using thumbs for now on Looks better this way and saves on bandwidth.
    Copyright.

Ok here's the reservoir closed and ready for shields,...

12-14-2005

Quick pic of the shop at it's worst,...

New bubble disc. 1/8" thick. The center rod passes through this disc. It will be ground down and then fused to the disc. Then sanded and polished.

Finished,.. well, not finished but ready for shields. Crazing was MINIMAL this time. Hardly any. I still want to cal IPS(weld-on manufacturer) and ask them about shelf life and such. I wan tot but more of this stuff because the date under both of the can are dated 2002?!?!? So,... yea. ! year shelf life??? Geeez.

Going to start on brackets and shields tomorrow. Have to make some calls too. I was suppose to do that today but I was too tired from work and gym It's all good though.
    Copyright.