Page 8 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Thread: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout"

Water Cooled

Default Re: TRIBALOVERKILL, "Blackout" Updated--> 06/24/05

geometry in nature. Gotta love it.

BTW, that mod looks friggin awesome. Can't wait to see more
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

Agreed...awsome mod. Keep it up. Nice motercycle too.
    How did you come to trade the fiddle for the drum?

Custom Title Honors tribaloverkill's Avatar

Thanks guyz! Yes,... I posted like 60 something replies within an hour or two. I did it at work. I was bored at the moment. FRAKK,... I did it in series because, I don't reall know why, LOL. It was the first setup that came to mind. I know I had talked about it with other in the past and we all came to the conclusion that with the fans I have and the two rads,... it wouldnt make that much of a difference. OH,... I remember one reason. The reason was to run two pumps in one loop. I wanted to try out a push and pull method of moving the water. Changing the setup from series to paralelle is easy so I do decide to change it later on it would be easy. But for now I want to try the push and pull method. Thanks for the bike commetns too I love that bike. Got it mad cheap! Thats why I got it. I'm going to virginia to the virginia international raceway to race it with my friend. My gurl is going to take mad photos and video. I'm goignt o post all of them online for anyone who is interested. As for this computer,... it is so not done. I have so much more stuff that has to be done. I have some cool stuff planned. Check back. Before my mother got into her bike accident I would work on this computer everyday. I have only been woking on it here and there, maybe 2 a week at the most. She will be coming home soon in a couple of days so I will be able to work on it alot posting my progress almost everyday. This worklog here like I said before only consists of posts that contain pictures. Over at GV,... my worklog is like 35 pages long, LOL. Peace.

Water Cooled

i dont think you would see any difference with rads this size anyway, and the push-pull pump setup is a good idea too. in parallel the heat dissipation would be more even, now the first rad will be always hotter than the second but i guess it really doesnt matter. i really wanna see a nice venice overclock on this cooling threads at gruntville get out of hand way too fast and i just thank god its not like that over here. participating in the forums would be a full time job

HOLY COW BATMAN!!!!

Now thats what I call a Worklog....

Took some time getting through it, but well worth it.

Top quality in all respects.

That case is gonna look SWEET when its finished.

Keep up the good work.
    (So no silly games on that R6 )
    Sarcasm - Is only one of the services I offer.

Quote Originally Posted by UK-Blade
    HOLY COW BATMAN!!!!

Now thats what I call a Worklog....

Took some time getting through it, but well worth it.

Top quality in all respects.

That case is gonna look SWEET when its finished.

Keep up the good work.
    (So no silly games on that R6 )
    Many thanks. No silly games on the R6 I wan tot live long enough to see this case finished. I will be working on the puter in the morning if I can wake up in time. I have to work 16 hours tomorrow so if I dont get up that means no time on the machine. FRAKK,... you bet I'm going to try an overclock the crap out of this thing! Put all this to a real test.

ATX Mental Case

This isn't a work log, this is a work story. Keep up the good work man.

looks so sweet! nice bike.

BTW: can someone explain the push pull pump stuff?
    "Hey look, the topic!! It's getting away! Quick catch it! *running* Must *running more* get on *panting* TOP...IC!!!! *collapses* "-Temmink
    Intel Q9450 @ 3.2GHz
    Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi
    OCZ Platinum PC3-12800 1600Mhz XTC 4Gb 7-7-7-24
    2 x Powercolor HD4870 512Mb in Crossfire
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme with Noctua 120mm 1300RPM Pressure Optimised Fan
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit w/ SP1

Quote Originally Posted by Xbrid
    looks so sweet! nice bike.

BTW: can someone explain the push pull pump stuff?
    Ok,... push and pull. When a pump sucks in water it's pulling and when it shoots it out it's pushing. Say you have a cooling loop consisting of a CPU, NB, GFX, RAD, RES, PUMP. The pump would have to PUSH water through all that stuff. Water pressure drops each time it passes through a cooling component. So b y time the water comes around to the pump again there isnt as much water for the pump to pull or suck in. Example,...

PUMP(pressure=100%)> RAD(pressure=85%)> CPU(pressure=60%)> NB(pressure=45%)> GFX(pressure=32%)> RES(pressure=25%)>

Now the percentages aren't accurate. It's only for an example so that you get the idea. Now,... say you had a second pump half way in the loop,...

PUMP> RAD> CPU> PUMP> NB> GFX> RES>

This means that each pump would only have to push water through through about half the stuff in the loop. The pumps would be PUSHING and PULLING to each other. This would allow for a nice steady pressure throughout the loop. It doesn't matter how fast the water moves through the loop. As long as you have pressure. So,...

PUMP(pressure=100%)> RAD(pressure=95%)> CPU(pressure=90%)> PUMP(pressure=95%)> NB(pressure=87%)> GFX(pressure=80%)> RES(pressure=75%)>

Again, numbers aren't accurate. Bu you get the idea. If there is not enough water making it to the pump you will have pump noise. The noise is the vapor buubles that are created from the vaccum. I have only heard one stoy of this. The guy fixed this problem by putting the RES right before the pump. Hope that explains. Bye!

I have a question about the psone screen..are you going to hook it up as a dual monitor or what? I'm a bit confused, and a newbie when it comes to mounted lcds ^_^