Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carbon Fiber Effect airbrush *Tutorial*

Strip it, paint it, and love on it... Commando's Avatar

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Effect airbrush *Tutorial*

This stuff?
    Yeah, that's the stuff. As long as it has a good checkerboard pattern, your good.

This is actually the exact stuff I use. I get it at Wal Mart for a couple of bucks for a 5' roll.

Here it is at the Duck Products Web Page

Hi,

I have a carbon fiber frame bike that I would like to do the same way. Do you know if I need special paints for true carrbon fiber? or would have to handle it differently to make that work? (ie tubes instead of square flat surfaces, etc.) ? Would I need to sand down the frame in a different way oruse different grade paper?

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orlandomike View Post
    Hi,

I have a carbon fiber frame bike that I would like to do the same way. Do you know if I need special paints for true carrbon fiber? or would have to handle it differently to make that work? (ie tubes instead of square flat surfaces, etc.) ? Would I need to sand down the frame in a different way oruse different grade paper?
    My guess is that if the bike is already showing it's carbon fiber... why paint it with a CF pattern?

If else (ie it's painted a different color), you might be able to just rough the surface with some high-grit sandpaper and then follow the process normally. But that's just my guess. I haven't painted a damn thing in my life.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"