Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Air Conditioning Mod

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Help with Air Conditioning Mod

A 75w peltier trying to cool the air in a case like that will have pretty much no impact. It *might* make the HS on the inside feel cool. But I really don't think it will have a noticaeable impact on the overall temps in the case.
    ================================================== =========
    "And when you kill a man you're a murderer. Kill many and you're a conqueror. Kill them all and you're a God." - Megadeth

The problem is, Peltiers dont just cool, they heat... they have a stack of electricity running through them, and if you dont cool them effectively, they can start to melt themselves. And as seen there, the other problem is frost... when frost builds up on a peltier, when its turned off, that icey frost turns to water... which will then drip into you case... which aint too cool.

does this sound like i have the right idea?

The only use for Peltier in a computer is to cool your CPU... But then you need to cool the peltier, and for that u need watercooling to get the heat away before it melts itself.
    Peltiers dont cool, they use the movement of electricity to transfer heat to one side of the metal, out of the other. Essentially, you are actually heating the peltier by passing electricity though it... water cooling takes all the heat away to the radiatior however, so you get an all over cooling effect, by dissapating the heat into the air through the radiator. Its the same in fridges... feel the back of your fridge... it'll be warm.

Once again, using a peltier element in a case like that has no use.
    Having a cool air feed over your Radiator will help however... as it will cool the water more than room air temp. Still, i honestly think there is no use.

You are aware that heating the case of your PC with the thermoelectric device will cause the air inside the case will be overall warmer. Pelts put out tons more heat than cold.

FYI: All AC units will put out more heat then cold, unless they are properly vented. If you run an Air Conditioner in the middle of the enclosed space the average temp of the space will greatly increase. Though there right in front of it might be a bit cooler but the back will be HOT HOT HOT!
    -Gutte
    No, I'm not a compleate Idiot!
    Some parts are missing.

Why don't you try an external ac unit running with watercooling inside the case? It would be a lot more simple than what you're asking for.

If you used a mini fridge of some kind with air circulation inside of it with your rad, then your pc would be quite cold.

Water Cooled

please dont forget anything below room temp will condensate and you will have water dripping from the colder parts. he wants to use peltiers on the case, which will not work and he doesnt want to spend money on a wc kit, neither on a fridge.