Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eve Online. Screenshots. Amazing!

Default Eve Online. Screenshots. Amazing!

I just saw this on an imageshack ad. Called Eve Online.
    Amazing Screenshots!

Must be concept art. My God. .

I think its one of those RPG games where you type. . crap

Default Re: Eve Online. Screenshots. Amazing!

I used two 14 day trials for Eve, and I just couldn't get into it. The concept seemed like just what I wanted though.

nope its not a text based RPG game, and that isnt concept art. thats actual game play, just with the toolbars hidden.
    as DaJe said, it can be really hard to get into, I used to play it, but had to drop it due to college. its really really long paced, like, takes a while to do a lot, but still, I found it amazing.

http://www.eve-online.com/

So you can ride around in the ships or what? I looks at the toolbars on the game play on the website looked like on of those games where you spread items around and see what happen when they meet. . . I guess I'll just download the trial. .

yea, download the trial, it has a great walkthrough. the toolbar doesnt work that way at all.
    In the beginning, you hvae a much smaller ship, but as you gain money (isk) and other things, you can get much larger ships, such as the ones you see in the shots.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Spam?
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

yup

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

If you look at my preivous thread on this when I got lured into playing eve. I found it to be so incredibly boring. I got suckered in by the neat screenshots and the cool concept. It turned out to be a snore fest that you would have to invest a huge number of hours to get anywhere. Sometimes it felt like you could replace the game with a spreadsheet and a buy, sell and attack button.
    Need a sig

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Ya, I tried playing it too. I think it was made for people that don't get bored of space ships, ever.

EDIT: And as of the time this was posted, that spam is still there!

I've played through two of the 14-day trials and talked to a number of people about the game. If you haven't read anything about the game yet, I'll try and give a brief overview in this thread for those reading:

EVE Online is a space RPG that takes place well in the future and is substantiated by expansion packs that are released often and for free. The initial character creation is more about your history and biography than it is about class mechanics in a traditional RPG sense. Once you are in the game you are pretty much free to pursue whatever interests you, with the three main pursuits being military (combat), economy (making money on an auction house more similar to a stock market), or resources (mining and crafting to make money).

You also don't gain skills in a traditional RPG sense of battle, level up, skill out way. Skill training in EVE takes place in real time. I.E. Increasing your level one Ship Piloting skill to level two takes 3 hours real time, and to level three takes 6 hours, and so on in an exponential factor if I remember correctly.

The learning curve is steep, and most people recommend that if you REALLY want to play it you need to join a guild ASAP. PvP is supposed to be decent, and gradually advancing as the expansions come out. Most PvP is either small skirmishes in dead space areas, or VERY large scale guild vs. guild battles where absolutely enormous ships command a fleet of ships that all perform specific tactical and logistic duties.

All of this, of course, is just a cursory overview and I'd probably get corrected out the wazoo by people who play it all the time. I found it fun for a few hours. Great game for anyone who doesn't want to have to play to skill up all the time because the real time skilling continues when you log out. Take the trial, see if you can make friends and get into it.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!