Thread: Psone Lcd showing in black and white

Default Psone Lcd showing in black and white

Not an original mod i know, but my friend offered one to me that he was chucking out as he knows i've got into modding a bit.
    I've read a couple of guides on how to set them up for computer and decided i just wanted to use the s-video connection into the s video out of the graphics card.
    However i can only get a picture in black and white. After reading this guide it says the PAL Lcd's (which mine is) need a backlight modification which requires soldering onto the PCB

Is there anyway i can avoid doing this and if so how would i go about it? If i'm stuck with the black and white i think i'll just do the VGA mod.
    Thanks in advance
    A bird can fly, but a fly can't bird

Default Re: Psone Lcd showing in black and white

i have just done the psone screen mod i have a newer screen wich i didnt have to mess with any soldering. if it is a newer screen seems you dont have to. as for black and white make sure the connector from screen to the board is firmly in place i knocked mine puttin it into case an i got a white screen pushed it back in an all is fine

Default Re: Psone Lcd showing in black and white

Just double checked all connections and it still showing in black and white. Thanks anyways
    A bird can fly, but a fly can't bird