Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia 89 series cards out soon???

Anodized

Default Nvidia 89 series cards out soon???

There has been rumors out about the 8900 series cards..but when is it REALLY being released?

I might upgrade but depending on prices. From what I have read they are gonna be just about the price range of the current 88 series cards but who knows til release.

"Supposedly" it is supposed to be released along with ATI's R600 release but when is that...hmm confusing but aren't rumors always confusing?!?!

Anyway here are some links I found on the 8900 cards. Enjoy and sorta drool because the 89 series are almost identical to the 88 series but til benchmarks are out who knows!!

Info on 89XX and R600

Info on the 89 series

I don't know if the prices are set but they seem to cheap for me! Even the 88 series cost that much..

Again all we can do is upgrade and upgrade til we die!!
    Mother board: EVGA 680i SLI ATX. E6600 CPU: OC'd 3.4gHz. Vid Card: BFG 8800GTX OC'd version (2000 mhz)
    H/D: Raptor 10,000rpm 150 gB Mem: 2 gig OcZ
    PSU: Thermaltake 750W
    Cpu Cooler: Zalman 9700. Thermalright VGA cooler. 20.1 LG widescreen

Case Wizard

Default Re: Nvidia 89 series cards out soon???

Until a game comes out that is so graphically intensive to force me to lower my settings to the point that the image quality is bad so I can get adequate frame rates, then I will upgrade. But as of now, I'm really happy with my 8800GTS. I don't need maxed settings in all my games. I'm just happy that I finally own a desktop that meet the min requirements. The rest is the icing on the cake. MMMM... I love icing

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

lol You guys are crazy, I would be happy with a X1650XT.

Isn't this supposed to go something more like...

"oh hey, these programs are too demanding! We need to create a more adequate gpu!"

But instead it is going like...

"**** it! MORE POWER!"

lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I would rather get two 8600GTS's and SLI them for $450 rather than paying about $600 for a skateboard-sized mini-oven.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Case Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    lol You guys are crazy, I would be happy with a X1650XT.

Isn't this supposed to go something more like...

"oh hey, these programs are too demanding! We need to create a more adequate gpu!"

But instead it is going like...

"**** it! MORE POWER!"

lol
    I don't think it would work well that way. The way I see it, the advancement in hardware lets programmers know what is possible for them to create. For example, would programmers make a game with DX10 1 year back and wait for Nvidia and AMD to come up with DX10 video cards? The same goes for CPUs. Would it make sense to use multi-threaded code a few years back and make Intel and AMD try to catch up? We wouldn't be able to play a game until that happened. I guess you could say that new hardware expands the limits of programmers and it makes sense (in my way of thinking that is) for the sequence to be the way it is now. Of course, when I speak of software, I'm strictly talking about video games. I know that software and hardware go hand in hand. Without it, our video cards wouldn't function.

You could go SLI with 2 8500's for $210 or $104 each.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=P450-8654
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CanaBalistic View Post
    You could go SLI with 2 8500's for $210 or $104 each.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=P450-8654

You wouldnt get near the framerates from those low end crappy cards as you would with a 8900. heck... even a nice 8600 gts will probably be roughly the same for framerates.

i still dont understand why people think that buying 2 cheaper cards is the better way to go then buying one much better card.

Well, i would imagine that two 8500's would perform better than one 8800 (640mb). They both use the same 8800 GPU. I'm sure in time there will be a soft mod to unlock the extra features of the value card.

And for a DX10 SLI setup for just over $200, you cant go wrong.
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

Well, i would imagine that two 8500's would perform better than one 8800 (640mb). They both use the same 8800 GPU. I'm sure in time there will be a soft mod to unlock the extra features of the value card.

2 8500's sli wont touch a 8800gts.

And for a DX10 SLI setup for just over $200, you cant go wrong.
    and yes, really, you can. why would you want a dx10 sli setup for $200? Sli is meant for an extreme performance setup. not just because you can. it is supposed to give you the oppurtunity for amazing performance, so why waste it gettin some low end budget stuff? Wont benefit you in the end.

why buy 2 cards running at 128 bit, low clock speeds, very little texturing capabilities, and few pipelines, when you have the chance to get a 320 bit card with 5 times the rendering power.

link 4 8500's together, and maybe you will come closer to a 8800gts power.

Case Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bartvandenberg View Post
    2 8500's sli wont touch a 8800gts.

and yes, really, you can. why would you want a dx10 sli setup for $200? Sli is meant for an extreme performance setup. not just because you can. it is supposed to give you the oppurtunity for amazing performance, so why waste it gettin some low end budget stuff? Wont benefit you in the end.

why buy 2 cards running at 128 bit, low clock speeds, very little texturing capabilities, and few pipelines, when you have the chance to get a 320 bit card with 5 times the rendering power.

link 4 8500's together, and maybe you will come closer to a 8800gts power.
    I'd have to agree. Even 8600GTS in SLI gets an average performance of what a 8800GTS gets, but two 8600GTS would cost more. So don't waste your money with 8500s in SLI. Go with single card setups if you are thinking about low to midrange. The 8800GTS (320 mb) is the better deal.
    Here's some proof from FiringSquad about the 8600GTS SLI performance:
    http://firingsquad.com/hardware/nvid...iew/page17.asp