Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: F***

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default F***

My power switch has 4 wires. Two wires are for the switch itself, the other two are LED's. When everything is working, the Power LED is green while the other one shows HDD Activity in rapid blinking orange. Right now, the Power LED is orange and the HDD Activity LED is off. When I turn on my computer, the monitor turns off (hibernate?) and nothing is displayed. There are no funny sounds, over heating, or really any signs that something is F'd. So... IDK. Any guesses?

My guess, is the HDD went bye bye and isn't coming back. But hey, maybe someone will make my day. Like... the motherboard is toast. I mean ****, I've been wanting a new motherboard for so long now, this would be the perfect incentive to finally buy a new one.

Or maybe someone will REALLY make my day and suggest something that is totally fixable and cost free. Like... oh, one of your ram sticks is loose.

Btw, I'm on my dads laptop just in case you were wondering. ^_^
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Default Re: F***

Check your GPU. Make sure it's seated. Also, put your finger on the HDD and see if you feel any vibrations. That will tell you if it's spinning or not.

heh, onboard graphics. My "computer geek" girl scout badge should be ripped right off my jacket. ><

The HDD is vibrating. In a good way too! Not like my last one where it was acting like it was about to turn green, grow 10 times its size, and rip my ****ing head off. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Dont panic, check your connections (every componant), then, see if it change something to reset the Bios.

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

1) Check to make sure everything is tight. All connectors, its very easy to miss just one pin and nothing will work (I did that >_<).

2) Check your jumper settings, maybe something is wrong here.

3) Check your mobo battery

4) Your a girl? Damn, I should really pay more attention around here.

5) Try the HDD in another computer if possible to make sure it works, if it doesn't thats probably fried like chicken.

Motherboard. Happened to me.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    Motherboard. Happened to me.
    I think your right. Basically, I reseated the CPU and HSF and I got it working. But when I moved my computer over to my desk and turned it on, it wouldn't work again. So I disconnected the Hard Drive and didn't even get an error of any kind. Last time I checked, when you don't have an HDD plugged in it says something about it. Like Hard Disk Read Error or something like that. But nope, nothing, same as before.

*update*

So just out of curiosity, I took my mobo out of my junk ass case thats all beat up and bent and set the mobo on my bed. Nothing. Then I kind of made it to a lil hand stand (set it up vertically while supporting it with my hand) and bingo. But now its saying no boot device found.

Could that be just the mobo or is my HDD dead now too?

Geeze, word of caution, don't have your computer somewhere where it can be easily knocked off. Even if its ONLY 2 FEET OFF THE GROUND. lol

@Aero: I'm a guy, I was just trying to make a funny. lol apparently that went right over your head

*upadate again*

Okay, so I got it working. But I forgot to connect my WLAN card. I turned it off, plugged the card in, turned it back on... and... here we go again. lol So at least now I know its not my hard drive. I think...
    Last edited by Zephik; 04-22-2007 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Gonna shoot holes through this damn Dell! ...wait... that might be kind of fun! lol

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

...and don't kick it or let it get slammed repeatedly, it'll kill the proc and motherboard, lol.

My first thoughts were: OMGEEEE!!! A girl? What's she doing here? lol

Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post

...and don't kick it or let it get slammed repeatedly, it'll kill the proc and motherboard, lol.

My first thoughts were: OMGEEEE!!! A girl? What's she doing here? lol

Just kidding.
    Dude... MDCS??

She kicks most of our asses when it comes to modding. I wonder what ever happened to her... ?

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

snow! bosom buddy, life long friend! your girl mate !?!?!?!

+rep to that !

LOUD AND PROUD !