Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bio hazard mod

Anodized

Default bio hazard mod

I am new to the modding world and was introduced to the site by a friend after i told him i was going to build a computer. he said that i should costumise my case. i started shopping around and i found a cool case from new egg that was fairly cheap at $45 with shipping.

my case

i am planning on make a biohazard case with that by putting a biohazard symbol window in, having some pipes coming out and looking like biohazardous stuff is coming out, and lighting up the inside with green cold cathodes

the specs are

P4 3ghz
    512 ram
    Western Digital 120 gig hard drive
    Evga Gefroce Mx 5500 with 256
    Samsung DVD+/-buner with dbl layer

i supposed to get my case today but then im going up north for the Forth of july so i hope i can get some work done next week

Anodized

Default Re: bio hazard mod

ok i have decided that i am not going to do a biohazard mod and have been thinkin and i maight do a castle mod

Anodized

ok all i have thought alot and im going back to the orginal idea of bio hazard but i am going to get all the hardware and assemble the computer before i start nodding the case there is a big computer sale at the mn state fair grounds tommorow so i am going to go look for the hardware i want if i dont find it there i will just order it off of newegg

also does someone have an idea for something that i could make look like a barrel of biohazardous material......something like a pop can but stronger

Coffie Can, Paint can, PVC tubing.

Fresh Paint

UV Watercooling?

Anodized

i like the idea of a coffie can but i think i might just put a fan exaust hole on top and have just a mesh type fame guard with a green fan under it and have the biohazard stuff coming out of that plan to get alot done next week

Anodized

for case cooling do you think that a 60 cfm intake fan in the front and 2 25 cfm exaust fans will be enough or should i add another intake fan to the side to blow on the gpu

Anodized

i have finished building my comp and now i will start the modding this weekend hopefully i thinking of having it be a canister of biohazardous material with cracks in the case and biohazardous material leakin out

Anodized

for a paint job i want it to look like stainless steel. since my case is steel does someone know of a good way to strip the paint and then polish it

Sand Paper, and LOTS of it. Maybe an electric sander with very rough sand paper, about 40 should do, I used that on my old aluminium case and it worked fine, then get some finer sand paper and wet sand it, if you want a really shiny look try for the upper hundreds or thousands for the fine sand paper (make sure you get the kind that won't fall apart in water). Then a nice clear coat on top should give a smooth and sparkly effect, or just buy some chrome spray paint and have fun :p.