Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blast Door LCD Screen Mod Jr.

Default Re: Blast Door LCD Screen Mod Jr.

Its cool to see a father and son with the same interests! Very cool ! keep it up!

Looks great so far man, its great you and your dad share this type of modding as a hobby, 2 heads are always better then 1

Looking great man can't wait to see how it turns out. One question though, if the door is too heavy for the train would it not slip on the track?

@Gaz, your such a mod wannabe.

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post

@Gaz, your such a mod wannabe.
    Whos saying I'm not?!

No-one knows what those tags mean under our names. How do you not know that we are secret undercover admins or mods lol

-gaz

Fresh Paint

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm glad you're liking it so far. I'm working on getting the tug and guide wheels connected together, maybe I'll get enough done so that I can post some more pics today.

As for the train slipping, I'm setting up the guide wheels so that they can be adjusted to tighten/loosen the tug on the track, to help reduce/prevent slippage

Hmmm..guide wheel tension just might do it, clever! If it doesn't hold, you could always extend the axles of the motor driven wheels outward and attach gears, or pulleys.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Quote Originally Posted by gaz_the_chav View Post
    Not really! Leave this persons thread alone. He is new to our community so be nice! It is completely unecessary to take a page of space like that. Please don't do it again.

-gaz
    It was meant as a compliment, but I guess it didn't come off that way.

I should have gone with something like this:

A family that mods together, stays together. Its awesome to see parents sharing their hobbies with their children, and then continuing to stay involved with their family's personal lives. PC Modding is good clean fun, and can be taking in all different directions.

Nerdy, you definately have skills. I'm looking forward to seeing how this project turns out. ((edit... I'm still an idiot...) that got me off of my rocking chair and back into the modding world, so expectations are pretty high.

GOOD LUCK!
    mellojoe

The Rig with Images
    AMD Thunderbird 1.4GHz on an Abit KT7A: [1507]
    168-Pin PC133 SDRAM: [896MB]
    Radeon 9500-Pro: [128MB]
    Logitec z560 4.1 THX: [400W]
    Lite-On DVD: [16X]
    Antec TrueBlue: [480W]
    ...to name a few

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by mellojoe View Post
    It was your father's DOOM case...
    His DOOM case? I think you're thinking about Crimson there. My dad is Wannabeamodder, who looked to Crimson and a lot of other helpful people here for guidance on how to make a blast door mechanism similar to the one in Crimson's DOOM case.

This entire project (both my dad's blast door unit and mine) has been really my first attempt ever at modding/fabricating custom parts. I discovered I had a nack for cutting styrene on the first build, so most of the styrene parts used in my dad's unit were cut by me. I love working with styrene even though it's a pain to cut sometimes, especially the thicker stuff... :p

ATX Mental Case

Just to let you guys in on Nerdy's abilities. Not only is he great at cutting styrene but also at building \ repairing P.C.'s. He has been working on them along with me since he was 5 years old!

If anyone of you plays or has played Grand theft Auto San Andreas (pc version), he modeled a Hummer H1 for that game that was on a website for download. I'm sure he would be glad to share it with anyone who wanted it.

Here is a couple of screenshots.

As you can see, the vehicle comes in a wide variety of configurations, including soft top, soft top with rollbars and bed cover, hard top, hard top with rollbars, and wagon version.

Charles

That's incredible work! What software did he use to make those?
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri